Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-26-21, 11:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Laura good for you!

Penny what do you use the glass jars for?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 12:22 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 01:29 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

sons' alma mater band dept was having a clothing drive fundraiser for united cerebral palsy. your non-profit can put together a drive and they pay you by the pound.

between 8 people (my sister's and our family) we came up with 73 pounds, or 3 lawn bags full. the third bag was about 5 pounds shy of the requested 23#/bag, so my son and i were running around the house trying to find more things! depending on the item, 1# is roughly equivalent to a pair of adult jeans. it was funny - i was sweating running around between the kitchen and 2 bedrooms.

i have also been updating my spreadsheet of fitness DVDs. OMG. it also spurred me to start thinking of items i should start purging.

i've also started to cull my collection of cookbooks, enough to almost empty a container, cutting my collection in half.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 08:12 AM  
fanofladyvols

Haha Jeannine, the idea of a Decluttering Workout sounds like a new way to multitask!

I don't think I could do that though.

You sound like you're really making great progress! Way to go!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 10:13 AM  
PennyK

Old 03-02-21, 01:29 PM  
PennyK

Old 03-03-21, 02:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

(((Penny))) i am sorry to hear of your loss & sorry i only found out now. it must be so difficult missing him. my mom passed away in 2019, and i have also noticed that my thoughts have veered toward culling my belongings.

there's only so much time and space left, and i count them as blessings and how best to cherish them. i also think about preventing my family from dealing with all of my stuff. my mom began cutting back on her things over 20 years ago - she started giving us things here and there. she was respectful - if she could sense we were not interested, she'd donate it.

after she passed away, there were days when i did a lot of contemplation. i was fortunate that she and dad put their estate plan together - there was very little to do and it made things easier.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 08:04 AM  
PennyK

Old 03-03-21, 08:54 AM  
sherry7899

Penny-sending you hugs. I am so very sorry. I understand. I don't want to leave my son a ton of stuff to go through and deal with. My husband collected music, books and dvds for fifty years. He started collecting records at aged five! My son wants to keep ALL of it. I told him there won't be space when I eventually move. I have given away a few of his books to friends. They are limited edition books on more obscure bands/artists and I know they will be read and appreciated.

I'm not sure where to do next. It is overwhelming. Doing paper and clothing was a huge thing, though!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 08:59 AM  
PennyK

Tags
career advice, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, sentimental clutter