Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-14, 11:21 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Anyone doing Shovel Max?

I did a session earlier this morning which was probably not a good idea.
My injured elbow had been feeling much better but even though I favored the uninjured side it started to hurt again. I took some advil and iced it and it feels much better but another round of Shovel Max is in order because the snow keeps coming down.
I think I am going to sit this round out and let my husband do it.
Anyone else doing shovel max?
I hear that it is on the rotation for Wednesday again. There is definitely a dread factor for this workout.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:23 AM  
CarlaVeg

I am not but my husband is. I have a bad shoulder and a bad back. A couple of weeks ago when we had a bad storm we payed someone to clean up. But no today. What a pain. I am tired of the snow.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:53 AM  
momofcha

I am. I am so over this crap. We have another 10-15" expected over the next few days. It sucks.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:57 AM  
PhyllisG

Nope no shovel max for me. My back hurts from feeding the woodstove. I have a DH & a DS at home and they can do shovel max.
I am going to walk the dogs tho as soon as I get off VF.
Sounds like there are going to be lots of opportunities for shovel max where I live--upstate NY.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:58 AM  
pricek

Not me! Both of my sons are home today, so they'll be participating in Shovel Max!! I'll be watching them from the window! ENOUGH ALREADY!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 12:02 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Oh yeah. Went to bed with a forecast of 2-1/2" expected during the day on Monday; woke up and the radio's yapping about 5-8"!!! Did Shovel Max #1 already and moved aside about 2" of heavy, wet snow; expecting two more mini-workouts before I head to bed tonight.

Not the best thing after I pushed my upper body hard yesterday with Cathe's Muscle Max.
Old 02-03-14, 12:41 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Fortunately, I have neighborhood kids that come to door and want to make a bit of money shoveling. I always take them up on it. On school days, I have to do it myself.
Old 02-03-14, 12:52 PM  
kalliope999

I have that one planned for Wednesday morning, I think. Although I may have to sneak in a Shovel Max Express later today...
Old 02-03-14, 01:00 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Just finished shovel max, for now. The snow was the wet and heavy type so it was very tough to move. I don't have a snowblower and my teenage nephew usually helps, but he's studying for midterms and I didn't want to bother him so had to do it myself. It's still snowing hard here but I was afraid if I waited until later it might freeze. I'll probably have to go out and do it again if this keeps up though. It was VERY difficult so please be careful out there!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 01:17 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

DH did this morning. But since he's a bad back (vertebrae fused together) I feel really bad and will probably do the next round!.. I can't wait til we moved into our own place with only a short driveway to shovel and not 3-4x more!..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote