Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-18, 11:11 AM  
pharma_gal

Bands for door attachment

I’m looking to get some bands that I can use to attach to the door and do exercises like lat pulldowns, triceps push downs etc. I want something that is moderately challenging and does not break easily. Ideally something with handles. Any good recommendations? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 12:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I bought this exact Lifeline kit from Sports Authority, although you can find it on the web - it comes with a door attachment, handles, band, and mesh bag all for $20:

https://smile.amazon.com/Lifeline-3-...oor+attachment

the band is replaceable with heavier resistance, and the band is nice and long to allow you to do overhead extensions.

switching bands is pretty easy too, and once in place, it's secure.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 06:00 PM  
Sharaz

Sports Authority Fitness Gear brand. They upgraded the model and now comes with the hooks attached to the band. The handles need to be purchase separately. The new model starts at 10 up to 90. Very durable.

ETA:
The first set I purchased from this brand came with the handle style showed up thread. The handle is good, but takes more time to switch bands. Also, I got two sets of handles and one broke using a heavy resistance band.

The next style came with the hooks only attached to the handle. The bands with rings attached. I guess they realized is more convenient hooks attached to the bands. I find this model is suited for fast paced workouts. I do have more than one set of handles. Makes transitions between muscle groups faster.

Having said that, I use bands from the 3 Fitness Gear models described above BUT wish I have them all with the hooks attached.

YES this brand sells the door attachment.
Old 03-21-18, 09:10 PM  
pharma_gal

I don’t have a Sports authority near me. How about bosylastics bands on pAmazon? Has anyone tried those? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 05:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I don’t have a Sports authority near me. How about bosylastics bands on pAmazon? Has anyone tried those? Thanks!
I have them and like them very much.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote