Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-18, 09:17 PM  
marki64

I have been previewing a few of them and I also wish she had some workouts that are 45 min. But I think I will try one this week. They look good.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 09:46 PM  
muggle

Cam, I’m betting you’ll like her! No BS about it. She gets right to the point. I take more breaks and modify if needed. You can always fast forward to shorten it. She does have a few that are 15 minutes or so. I prefer the solid 60 min time frame. Yes, I’m on an Yvette Love fest right now. Add Cathe Live and it’s perfect! I highly recommend Yvette!!!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-18, 09:00 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

wendug, All Out Cardio Step/Kickboxing (70 min.) is super fun. It has good music and starts out pretty easy but it gets harder as time goes on! I wore weighted gloves until the short weighted kickboxing segment at the 60 min. mark. I used 3#'s, as my arms were toast by that point! She does some fun cardio using the step in this but mostly very athletic moves. Loved this class and provided me with major endorphins this morning!!
I love step and kickboxing so this one would be a good for me to try!
Old 02-18-18, 03:27 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Her workouts are tough, but her form on kettlebells and weights is pretty bad. I'm not always in the mood to watch that even though I know how to use the correct form (thank you Lauren and Cathe). Of course that wouldn't be an issue on her all cardio ones.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 10:43 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Her workouts are tough, but her form on kettlebells and weights is pretty bad. I'm not always in the mood to watch that even though I know how to use the correct form (thank you Lauren and Cathe). Of course that wouldn't be an issue on her all cardio ones.
I usually just do her cardio stuff, but today I tried one of her Leg workouts (HiiT, Step, Heavy Leg Work = 75 min.). I wasn't expecting some upper body weighted moves in this and did notice her poor form on the bicep curls, concentration curls and the mt. climbers w/ discs today. (The other day I noticed her form on push-ups wasn't quite correct either). I was subbing the upper body exercises with curtsy lunges, squats, and DL's (since my rotation called for a Beast Leg day), so I could look at the screen more. Yes, I am glad Cathe taught us correctly!

That said, I burned 700+ calories during this class!!! It is an awesome class that really works the legs but had a lot of cardio instead of weighted leg work which was what I intended it to include more of. It's not the first time I found her titles a bit misleading. And, I have to mention that I felt a bit exhausted after this one...a little overkill on the cardio, IMO.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 11:41 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I love these workouts but when I preview them man do I cringe when I watch Yvette and class do pushups. I don't mind when I'm doing the workout since I'm really concentrating on myself. Yvette is not someone to learn proper form from but like AnMrsDe I'm getting huge calorie burns from these workouts and they're fun and a different flavor than Cathe.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 01:50 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Concur re: form, especially with push-ups. But I sure am liking the variety and calorie burn in these, and believe me, I'm modifying big time! I only use a six inch step, rarely do the high impact moves (basically I turn two foot take off jumps into one foot jumps [hope that makes sense]), and I rarely match her weight in dumbbells (except for lower body), and I'm burning upwards of 550 calories in each one I've tried. Her music is a big motivator for me, and the class aspect is also encouraging. The cardio isn't just drill after drill, and I really like mixing the weights in to break up the cardio. I also like when she encourages her class to keep going!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 09:52 AM  
Irisg1

I LOVE Yvette. I haven't really noticed her form, but do notice certain things that to me are a no-no. Like using 3 risers for step. I would never go that high. She also seems to lift pretty heavy. Maybe that's why her form can be off? I do modify or switch some of the moves to suit me, but as long as I'm working, I feel accomplished. It's wonderful that she puts these work-outs up for free.
Old 02-22-18, 12:49 PM  
mrsyancy

I actually think that’s the issue with her form, is that she’s lifting too heavy. I’ve noticed some of the same things, but I’ve always been able to overlook that kind of stuff in her workouts and a few others that I have bc I know proper form and her workouts, for me, are really great. I just think she needs to lift what will allow her to do it with proper form.

Someone in the comments actually pointed out how she rotates too much when she does renegade rows but that her workouts were great. But anyway I love her workouts and her demeanor.
Old 02-22-18, 06:41 PM  
muggle

I love the fact that she pushes me. I know proper form (Thanks Cathe and Ilaria)!! But I still thoroughly enjoy Yvette’s workouts. I get an amazing calorie burn and feel accomplished when I’m done. I also lift lighter than her. No way can I go that heavy. I guess if your an experience exerciser you already know the deal...how heavy you can go, how many risers you’re comfortable with, how to modify moves and so on. I love her workouts!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube, yvette bachman