Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-17, 04:03 PM  
daisyduke

P90x ?

Has anyone done p90x?

What were your results?

Didn’t you do it as laid out?

I did it severa years ago and I got great results. THe thought of doing the cardio and yoga again is making me not want to do it again. Have you substituted cardio and gotten good results? Not insanity ... I can’t take the jumping!
Thanks!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 04:30 PM  
LoriSax

I was thinking on getting this too. I need something to get me working out again. I am 54 and can't do anything super hard anymore, but I need something that will give me results! I love yoga!! It just doesn't do anything for my body. I need some firming and toning desperately.
Lori
LoriSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 04:33 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I did the full program (the Classic rotation) a couple of times back in 2009-2010 when I was obviously much younger. I got great results then, but I tried to do it again about a year ago and didn't get too far. That type of rotation doesn't work well for me anymore, but everyone is different. Back when I did it, I always substituted a shorter yoga workout because I didn't (and still don't) have the patience for 90 minutes of yoga. For the Kenpo workout, I felt it was too easy so I substituted a more challenging karate workout I was doing at the time when I was very active in karate.

I do wonder what would happen if I substituted the more challenging workouts that I can no longer do with something else and shortened them all to 30 minutes. Hmmm...
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 09:29 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I do wonder what would happen if I substituted the more challenging workouts that I can no longer do with something else and shortened them all to 30 minutes. Hmmm...
You'd have Jessica Smith's new Walk Strong 3.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 10:53 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Hahaha! I actually do have her new set, but haven't started it yet. I'm working through WS 1.0 and will start the new set after that.
Old 11-22-17, 03:40 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
What about P90X3? They are all 30 minutes and a lot of variety.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 06:51 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I have never done her workouts. Is her new one like P90x?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 08:26 AM  
Kitten

I did P90x recently.

I was already in good shape, but I had strength gains with p90x which was great because I had sort of plateaued with Beast and couldn't lift heavier.

I mostly did it as laid out. The warm-ups are outdated, so I did something off YouTube for a warmup. They have lots of warm-ups. I subbed the yoga. I liked the idea behind it, but 90 minutes was too much. I did it the first week and feel like he tried putting everything in to the workout. People on the Reddit board suggest doing have one week and the other half the next.
I liked plyometrics, I just modified when needed. Kenpo was ok.
Sometimes I would substitute that out. The star of the set for me was back and bis. I like it better then the Beast version.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 09:39 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
What about P90X3? They are all 30 minutes and a lot of variety.
I have P90X3 and have done it a couple of times. I might revisit it at some point but I'm all about Jessica right now, lol! I took a month off exercise in October so I'm doing Jessica's WS 1.0 to get myself back in shape and then I'll do her new one after Christmas and we'll see how it goes after that.
Old 11-22-17, 12:07 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I have never done her workouts. Is her new one like P90x?
Karen's comment made me laugh and I do kind of agree with it. Jessica's vibe is never anything like P90X, *but* her new Walk Strong 3 set is as varied as P90X (if not more so) and comes off as maybe a bit more serious than her previous workouts. By all reports WS3 is also harder than any of her earlier sets, but it's Jessica, so that means they're moderate/intermediate (with a great deal of variation in intensity across the different workouts, carefully placed in the rotation).

I'm only on Day 3 of WS3 but I do think if you want something with a careful & varied rotation like P90X, but shorter and easier and friendlier, WS3 might be a good choice. It would make sense to try a couple of Jessica's Youtubes first to see if you like her as an instructor.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote