Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-07, 03:35 PM  
F1mom

What Was Your First Cathe Workout?

I'm moving in the direction of trying some of her stuff after doing my first segment (CoreMax) from FitTV. Now I understand what all the raves are about!

How did you start off with Cathe? What would you recommend for a beginner to her but a FIRM devotee?

F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 03:42 PM  
mj476

My first Cathe was Rhythmic Step which I did from Fit TV. I was hooked immediately. I would start off Low Impact Step. Low Impact Circuit is an intermediate/advanced circuit workout or you might want to try her High Step Circuit which she labels as beginner/intermediate. Basic Step and Body Fusion is also beginner/intermediate. I don't know how complex you like to step but if you're a regular stepper, you might get bored with Basic Step in which case I would try Low Impact Step. If you don't like step, you might want to try Kick, Punch & Crunch which is a great kickboxing workout. This also comes with Legs & Glutes and this DVD has about 23 premixes and a workout blender where you can make up your own workout.

Marcy
Old 10-05-07, 03:43 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

My first Cathe workout was Step N Motion 1. I found out about it in the Collage catalog. If you're used to the Firm, I would recommend one of her total body workouts. Some choices are Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, Push/Pull, and Super Sets. Cardio & Weights or Low Impact Circuit (her newest one) are also good choices since they mix weights with step cardio.
Old 10-05-07, 03:50 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I think it was MIS.. Gosh, I'm not even sure!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 03:55 PM  
ssgilby

Mine was Low Max, and it took me a looooooooong time to get it! LOL! After several sessions of breaking each segment down step by step, rewinding, going in slow motion, practicing on my own, etc., I finally got it! I have loved it ever since, and since mastering that first Cathe step vid, I find I pick up her choreography much faster and easier now.
Old 10-05-07, 04:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Power Hour, MIS and MIC were my first Cathe's if I remember right. Had them on vhs. Slowly have built a nice dvd collection of some of her vids ever since.

Kate

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 04:23 PM  
Jenmgo

I made the mistake of trying out IMAX 2 for my first ever cathe video. Now i own them all and they are all great workouts. I used to do the firm but then it got way too easy. Im advanced and its hard to find challenging workouts but Cathe always delivers.

My favorites are the gym styles for weight training and muscle max
for circuit I love low impact circuit and high step training advance. circuit max is nice too, altho slightly dated

i love her imax'es those are hard and high impact tho
kick punch crunch is a fun kickbox one, and legs and glutes is a fun leg workout i really enjoy

rhythimic step and step blast are 2 that i never tire of and they have a fun factor for me

i dont think i helped at all! If you are a beginner tho you might want to start off with her basic step/body fusion etc recommended above. if you go to www.cathe.com and go to her forum section i think they have a beginner rotation posted with suggested workouts to start off with. Welcome to the world of Cathe!
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 04:23 PM  
cmarsh4

I am like Shelley my first was Low Max, with hardly any step experience, and I hate to say it but I almost gave up on Cathe thinking she was just too complicated but then I got a new step and it came with Cathe Basic Step and I loved it and now I have to say she is one of my favorites and I have a lot of her stuff new and old.

I have been in a slump lately and needed something with a great fun factor to get me motivated again and last night I pulled out Step, Jump and Pump and it did the trick.

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 04:24 PM  
Debbi

StepMax, and I was bored! Stayed away from her other workouts for a looongg time and didn't understand all the hoopla. Then I rec'd some CTX vhs tapes off ebay about 2 years ago and really enjoyed them. Now I have almost all her newest ones and am sooo glad I re-discovered her! Deb
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 04:36 PM  
Kyra

MegaStep Blast, I think. That or Step Jam. This was back around when they were released. I had no clue. Previously I'd done only Kathy Smith GBT and Karen Voight ES. I actually spent time learning the choreo and all that. LOL! I was so proud of myself when I got the danged things worked out!

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote