Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-05, 06:16 PM  
TracyQ

Shocking News Regarding Kelly Ryan

I live in Massachusetts and just heard on the news that Kelly Ryan and her husband have been arrested here for murder. The story said that they murdered their assistant and burned her body in the desert in Las Vegas. Apparently he was having an affair with her and she was embezzling money from them.

They were arrested in Massachusetts trying to sell their assets in order to flee the country.

I am sad and shocked by this news. I always enjoyed reading about Kelly and her fitness accomplishments.

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:21 PM  
cferrante

Who is Kelly Ryan?

A fitness instructor? A member of VF?
cferrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:26 PM  
TracyQ

Kelly and her husband are famous body builders. They have been featured in all the body building type magazines. Kelly has been in Oxygen magazine (and on the cover) for many years. I just received my Oxygen magazine 2006 calendar and she is the April cover girl. She has won or placed in lots of Body Building competitions. I think she has a line of fitness clothing too.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

THis is so bizarre...but I didn't even know who she was.

That's bad for Oxygen magazine though Linda

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:40 PM  
Anne V
VF Supporter

An article about it

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/5034653.html
Anne V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:46 PM  
binky10

I didn't know who they were either, but it is still very tragic. Lust, money and murder sounds like a "ripped from the headlines" story for CSI.
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols
THis is so bizarre...but I didn't even know who she was.

That's bad for Oxygen magazine though Linda
The only BAD publicity is NO publicity. The magazine will probably fly off the shelves.

(I didn't know who she was either.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:54 PM  
Minnie

I'm shocked!

I saw this on the news last night and I couldn't believe it. It always seemed to me that Kelly marketed herself as one of the "girl next door" types in the fitness magazines, not just another "Pamela Anderson with muscles" type. So this just blew me away. She's been around the fitness world for a long time. If you've ever picked up an issue Oxygen, she was probably in it.

I agree, Oxygen magazine will not be hurt from the publicity. It will fly off the shelves.

ETA: Here's a link to her bio page from her website with a couple of pictures. She was very successful in the world of fitness competitions. Kelly Ryan Bio
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 06:58 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

Wow! I just did a google search and got a bit more info and speculation.

The victim was 28 year old Melissa James who was either a)a personal assistant to Craig and Kelly; b)someone Craig, Kelly's husband was cheating with; or c)they were all "swingers" living together.

Melissa supposedly either a)embezzled from them and they kicked her out and ??? as to what happened - the initial story;
b)She od'd on ecstacy (which Craig has been jailed for selling in the past) and they freaked and burned her body; c)killed in a jealous rage; d)killed in a 'roid rage.....or who knows. Again, this is all just stuff I picked up on a google search. I'm withholding true judgement until the whole story is out.
All depends on which source you read.

Very sad and really shocking. I've always admired Kelly....What a sad turn for her life to take.
Karen
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 07:06 PM  
lalavanb

all I can say is...
Weird.
lalavanb is offline   Reply With Quote