Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 07-16-07, 09:15 AM  
Anne V
VF Supporter

What kind of bands?

I've just started P90X and decided that in order to get more out of this I need to get more exercise bands for the pull ups. Is there a big difference in the types of bands that are out there?

I did a quick search and discovered these bands: Bodylastics

Has anyone ever tried them? It does seem like a great idea to be able to make the bands tougher by attaching more bands rather than having a very extensive band collection.

I'm looking at the Iron Woody's too but have to admit that I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how I'd use them although I've heard good things about using them for the pull ups.

Any suggested types of bands?
Anne V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-07, 12:17 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Hi

Hi Anne,

Your decision will depend, in part, on how you plan to use the bands. Do you already have a pull up bar? If so, then I recommend the Iron Woody Bands. You use those by looping them around a pull up bar and then putting your knee or foot in the band so that the band's resistance "helps" you do pull ups. These are very different from the kind of band shown in the P90X DVDs. Here is the big thread about them (edited to add the link: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...p?t=96152)--in that thread Lianne posted a link that shows how they are used: http://www.michaelboyle.biz/joomla/d...%20Chinups.pdf

The band shown in that PDF is similar to the narrowest band in the Iron Woody pull up set.

If you do not have a pull up bar, then you are probably looking for the type of tubing/bands shown in the P90X DVDs as a substitution for real pull ups with a pullup bar. I have BeachBody's extreme set of bands, and I like them a lot. I don't know anything about the Bodylastics. If you are using bands/tubing as a substitute for pull ups, then it works best if you have a way to attach them up high as shown in the DVDs.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-07, 06:15 PM  
Anne V
VF Supporter

Thanks WWWendy

That link with all the info about the chin ups helped a lot so of course I caved and got the iron woodys.

My husband was sort of curious about what I bought through Paypal from a company called Iron Woody...
Anne V is offline   Reply With Quote