Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-20, 05:48 PM  
ots

2020 Holiday gift exchange

Hi Everyone,

It's time for our annual gift exchange!

If you haven't participated before, it's a lot of fun. Read some of the past year's threads. And, if you are interested in a vidiot style holiday gift exchange, follow the directions below:

1. To participate:

Please e-mail me by 11-1-2020. My e-mail address is mandagermain@comcast.net. Please put "VF Gift Exchange" in the subject line so I don't accidentally delete it as junk mail.

Your e-mail should contain:

Your VF Username (for example, mine is "ots")
Your Real Name
Your Mailing Address

I will e-mail you a confirmation that I received your e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation from me, that means I didn't receive it. In that case, please PM me at VF.

Each year, some people volunteer to be willing to be matched with our international VFers. If you're willing, let me know.

2. I will put all participants' names in a bucket.

3. On 11-2-20, I will e-mail each participant the name and address of another member (which I will get by drawing a name randomly from the bucket). In the past, we have had people that got the same person as a previous year - it's bound to happen. If that happens to you and you want to switch out - let me know right away! However, bear in mind that we also have a smaller group participating as more people switch to streaming --- so you might still be paired with someone you've had before!

4. To participate, each person will send a fitness related gift (in the past, it included a DVD, but other options are worth considering) that you think the person will really like. A wishlist thread is started after the names are sent out --- please participate in that thread. Your secret santa will be looking for your post! You may also include a small token gift (something inexpensive) that the person might like. Please remember to include some less expensive options on your wish list --- we come from all walks of life and I would hate for someone to feel like they can't participate because of costs. This is true every year -- but especially this year -- lots of disruptions to our financial lives.

5. Another fun part is searching the VF boards to learn more about your person to come up with the perfect items - read some of their posts. This is easy to do...just do a search under their username and all the threads they have participated in will come up. But, even if you don't post often, don't worry - I haven't posted in a while myself. It's all about having fun.

6. Gifts must be mailed out (postmarked) by December 7th. Please make sure that you can postmark your gift by December 7th --- some people have had to wait until after Christmas for their gifts and that isn't fair to them. Obviously, things happen -- but, let's stick with the holiday spirit!

7. This goes without saying, but PLEASE only sign up if you will follow-through. I'd hate to see anyone disappointed by not receiving a gift! This did happen in the past - so please be considerate.

8. Sherry7899 has agreed to once again serve as official VF elf! This means if you have questions or want to have someone reach out to your giftee, she will be there for you. She is also great at spreading the holiday cheer. Thanks Sherry!!

Hope you will all participate...you can post comments here, but please remember to also e-mail me your user name, real name and address.

Last, on this thread, I welcome comments on what we can do to improve the gift exchange. When we first started, it was VHS and some DVD. Then it became all DVD. Now some people are exclusively streaming. How should we adapt so that we can continue to have a great exchange? All suggestions welcome! It'll be good to see how everyone's doing....

THANKS!
Anne.
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 09:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ll jump in, look forward to it!
Thank you for organizing Anne!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 05:09 AM  
sherry7899

I am in. I will send my info to Anne.

Thank you to whomever tagged the thread.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 11:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks so much Anne and Sherry!!

This is always so much fun... especially reading the posts after they open their surprise. It's so nice getting to know another VFer.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 11:10 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I just sent an email. Thanks for organizing, Anne.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 01:17 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Thanks so much Anne and Sherry!!

This is always so much fun... especially reading the posts after they open their surprise. It's so nice getting to know another VFer.
Yes I will participate. I am always enjoying to find gifts for my giftee and it is indeed so nice to getting to know anothee VFer and so much fun.

Thank you so much Anne and Sherry for arranging everything. Just know I appreciate it.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 01:23 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
Yes I will participate. I am always enjoying to find gifts for my giftee and it is indeed so nice to getting to know anothee VFer and so much fun.

Thank you so much Anne and Sherry for arranging everything. Just know I appreciate it.
Nelly, I am so glad to see you!

Have you ordered anything from the United States since Covid? International mail has been much slower, and I worry about our overseas participants receiving their packages. We sent a package to Germany that got stuck in Customs for two months. That was months ago, so I hope service has improved.

Old 10-13-20, 01:33 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Nelly, I am so glad to see you!

Have you ordered anything from the United States since Covid? International mail has been much slower, and I worry about our overseas participants receiving their packages. We sent a package to Germany that got stuck in Customs for two months. That was months ago, so I hope service has improved.
I know some packages get stuck in customs but I think it is somehow what better. I am a person that more will be woried that my giftee gets my package. I mostly order with Amazon or Total Fitness for the dvds and send that from the USA direct. I will send separate my package from here but will send it as soon as possible. I hope you and Anne will allow me to join the gift exchange. If it is not possible this year I will understand.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 01:39 PM  
sherry7899

Of course you can join! If you need help with anything, please contact me.

Old 10-14-20, 06:11 AM  
Rhonda

I joined. Glad to see others joining in. It is fun.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gift exchange, holiday gift exchange