Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-20, 08:41 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Xtrain Legs (skipping the floor work) + 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - That's good you are able to slowly get back to normal and able to attend WW meetings.

Karjoy - I'm so ready for the new workouts. Heavy weights in 30 minutes sound really good to me. I'm also psyched about the mobility workouts.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 05:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I've had a low day: exhausted, headache, missing my moms. It was hot already by the time we walked this morning and Cyric was only willing to do a mile. I ended up sleeping about a 1 1/2 hours after we got back. I never even did my DoYouYoga challenge like I usually do before breakfast. I was supposed to run today but btwn the heat and low energy it wasn't happening. I was so blah I ate ice cream for lunch and ended up taking another nap. Neither of my teams are playing today so i will try to get to bed at a decent time and hopefully i can sleep after the naps.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 08:14 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. I was able to run last night and I did run/walk intervals with my friend Judi tonight. Judi had been in DC quarantined with family and helping with child care and came back a few days ago. We’ve both been extra careful so I don’t mind running with a careful friend once in a while. We try to stay at least 6 feet apart at all times outdoors.

I’m beat. Have a good evening all. See ya tomorrow, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 12:34 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body full pyramid + core.

Karjoy - As long as you're careful, it's nice to meet up with friends in person. Is your foot 100% better?

Vannie - I hope today is better for you.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 08:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I took another hour long nap this morning after we walked only a mile again. I think it's possible grief is affecting my energy levels. I feel like I'm dealing with it all pretty well but who really knows. Meditation isn't the same as therapy but I think it's uncovering some stuff I haven't dealt with. I did do my quick yoga before breakfast.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 07:19 AM  
Cher

Thursday’s workout was workout #3 on KCM’s new Super Sculpt. I liked it but I’m sure not used to these types of workouts, I was sweating my butt off! Yesterday morning I had to sit with my MIL at 7 am for an hour until the regular sitter could get there at 8 am. When I was done I didn’t feel like changing clothes to workout so I decided to just go for an hour walk instead.

Joseph had a phone interview last Tuesday and got an email to come in for an in person interview this week. Keep your fingers crossed and wish us luck.

They just announced for our school district that they will let the parents decide whether to send their child to school or keep them home for online schooling. Schools will be open if they want their child to go. I’m sure glad I don’t have to worry about making that decision.

Vannie - I hope today is a better day for you. I’m sure your grief has a lot to do with how you’re feeling. Thanks for your thoughts on Happy Yoga. I need to dig out those dvds and give them a try.

Karen - Glad you could run with your friend!

Waves JBliff & Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 08:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Hope we are all having a good weekend. Today I ran about 4.5 miles. I accidentally chose a mostly sunny route and by the time I recognized it I was already way out. Lesson learned. Tonight I did the barbell squats and barbell plié squats, from Cathe’s Stacked Sets lower body.

Cher that is what is happening in Florida: parents can send their kids to school or do virtual schooling and have 9 weeks to decide if they like their choice. Th Er n they can switch. Private schools here started this week. I think we are all expecting that COVID cases will go up. Fingers crossed for Joseph and his interview.

Jbliff my Achilles is 95% better. I still feel it occasionally and then will stretch well. My friend Judi is a retired nurse and has been very careful. We always stay 6 or more feet apart. It gets trickier if you add more people so we just don’t do
that. Too risky. When do you think the new DVDs will ship?

Vannie maybe you’re right and during this time of grieving you should be extra gentle with yourself. It’s ok not to exercise some days. It’s ok just to do a little bit
of exercise too.

Gibbee hope you and your DH are having a better week. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote