Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 12:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I took a 30 minute nap yesterday and made it to bedtime. It was nice to have a less busy day. Today, DH has two medical appointments and I'm taking him to both, so I'm not getting much done at home. But it's a beautiful day, sunny and somewhere in the high 70s or low 80s so I don't mind being out and about.

Anita - 7 inches of snow? Ugh. Even in Minnesota, that's too early. I hope it all melts off quickly.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Well I did the driveway shoveling yesterday - whew! This stuff was heavy! It's melted down to about 4" now, but we'll be getting more either as snow, rain or ice today. I haven't shoveled out the back porch and their stairs for Gus - might do that today. Unfortunately more leaves are coming down on top of the snow now - what a mess this will be in a snowblower! I should at least start my snowblower and see if it works - definitely earlier than hardware stores had in mind for snowmobile season repairs! The parks did shovel out their paths though so walking Gus works out OK out there.

Otherwise planning on putzing around the house and trying to clean up dog hair everywhere! Good vacuum workout!

Laura, hope DH is feeling fine! Enjoy your warm weather! I don't mind the 30s temps we've been having - actually one of the few days I don't sweat while walking Gus!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 08:23 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm trying to get things done this morning because the gum graft is this afternoon. It's another beautiful and sunny day, highs around 80. Hopefully, I'll get out for a walk this morning.

Anita - It's good you like the colder temps. I'd hate it. I hope you don't get any more snow until the leaves are take care of!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-23-20, 06:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning and walking Gus this afternoon. It's still cold and precipitating out there - right now rain coming down, but may freeze on the pavement - yuck for driving... might switch to snow or ice pellets later...

Laura, hope the gum surgery went well! Try to eat something not hot or crunchy to not irritate the gum these first few days - yogurt, lukewarm soup, lukewarm oatmeal...

I wish Dede or Beth would pop in to say hi!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 10:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The gum surgery went well. They did a lot of "sewing" (for lack of a better word). It's on the left side of the front of my mouth and he said that the tissue there is really thin, so I'm not to look at it at all because that would mean pulling my lip and I could damage the tissue. I took Tylenol last evening as the numbing wore off and this morning after a short walk. Last night and this morning, I had milk-based drinks. I pulled out a casserole I had frozen that is soft for lunch. For dinner, I'll probably have soup. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good for how much they did. I'll take it easy the rest of today. My main concern is remembering to not brush in that area. I'm afraid I'll zone out and just go on auto-pilot when brushing.

And this afternoon, I have my annual gyn visit and mammogram. Might as well get all the unpleasant stuff done in a short period of time. Why not?

Anita - Yeah, it would be good to see some of the other Cronies. I ope Lexy is doing well. Yuck on the weather. I hope it stays warm enough that the icing isn't too bad.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-23-20, 09:03 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 16 followed by Yoga With Adriene Day 17.

We're back, had good flights both directions. The trip itself was somewhat frustrating. What's funny is a major source of frustration was our rental car. We had asked for a compact but when we got there we were given an upgrade because they didn't have a compact at the time - we got a Porsche Cayenne SUV, a 60K car, should have been great, right? Well this car had so many electronic features that we spent an inordinate amount of time just trying to figure out how to make the different features work. We couldn't even figure out how to make the gas gauge appear on screen. It seemed as though we were pulling over every 45 minutes or so trying to figure out how to make something work. We both felt if we had the car for a couple weeks and had time to figure out how the features worked we might have come to love the car, as it was, the car was a pain in the you know what.

I spent the day doing laundry and stuff like that. I need to spend a day cleaning house - maybe tomorrow.

Laura, glad the gum surgery went well. Yuck on the other medical appointments, but as you say, best to get it over with.

Anita, I am sorry winter is setting in so early where you are. Glad you got your car back and your compost hauling done. At least you and Gus are still able to get out together. We already voted too and are happy to ignore the political circus until election day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 05:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was up until 1:30 and woke up at 6:00, so I was tired today. DH and I went on a walk this morning. It was another picture-perfect day, sunny and 78 degrees. Tomorrow, however, they're calling for rain, so that string of days is done for now. It was kind of a lazy day and I enjoyed that. I did pick up a new person who wnats training in Excel and will meet with her tomorrow.

I woke up with a really bad bruise on the left side of my chin - right where the gum graft was. After a couple of days, it was surprising.

Paula - Welcome back. It's too bad the car was so confusing. That's aggravating when the rental car becomes a main event.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-24-20, 06:37 PM  
sherry7899

Popping in to see Beth..
Did you watch the Tom Petty 70th birthday streaming tribute? It is on his website . We are watching it now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 09:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 117 Moderate Cardio followed by Yoga with Adriene Home Day 18 Believe. DH and I did a neighborhood walk as well.

Laura, how nice to get a new client. Sounds as though you're making the most of the nice weather. It's been cool and overcast here today and frankly I'm loving it. I thought the heat was never going away.

Sherry, I hope Beth sees your post, she hasn't poped in a while.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote