Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-20, 07:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - What's the Opposite of STRESSED? DESSERTS, Of Course! October 18.

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 07:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

OK. I have seen people be frustrated because of posts disappearing and now I know what they mean. Friday was a rainy, cool, dreary day and I know I posted because I whined about it!

So, here's my update:

Friday was a rainy, cool and dreary day and I was so lucky to be out in the rain to run errands Friday morning. Yay! (In case you missed my whining. ) It was actually a nice day because we had no appointments or big tasks.

Yesterday, we went over to Mom and Dad's for lunch and had ribs and a great meal to go with them. When we were cleaning up between the meal and dessert, Dad cut his finger badly while cutting some cling wrap to cover a plate. Mom took him to the local walk-in clinic where they put in four stitches. For that type of thing, it didn't take all that long and they were some of the only people there. While they were gone DH and I cleaned up the kitchen which Mom seemed to be really happy about when they returned. Then, we had the pecan pie Mom had made. Dad seemed okay for having sliced his finger open.

My gum graft has been rescheduled for this coming Thursday. Hopefully, it wll happen this time.

Today, I have a tutoring session in the afternoon. We are in ths midst of another string of beautiful days, so I hope to get out for a walk at some point.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-18-20, 08:21 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started for this week and glad to hear you're OK despite not being in this group for a few days!

I'm just planning on putzing around and walking Gus in our neighborhood. I did get everything chopped down, but need a car for one or two trips to the compost pile to get that stuff there - likely Wednesday if I get my car late Monday (closed Tuesdays). I might start raking also... Might do some laundry also.

Laura, oh my gosh I haven't had ribs in a very long time! Glad you were around to help your dad get his finger stitched and everything cleaned up! Enjoy your lovely day and walk!

Paula, hope you enjoyed your boat day! So are you now happy to have both the plane and boat instead of having only one to chose from? How's the air quality in CA - improved? I'm not seeing much news coverage of continuing fires, but that is just the shift in news.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 08:16 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today other than a neighborhood walk with DH. Today was grocery day. Made some applesauce in my crockpot this afternoon.

We've decided to do another short getaway, so I'll be gone a couple days. We're leaving Tuesday morning and coming home Thursday. We're going to Northern CA. The COVID tier there is the same as here, low risk, but central California now is bad - lots of new cases. So...we're taking the plane. We'll have to rent a car when we get to our destination but better than risking increased exposure. Anyway, I'll tell you about it when we get home. There are redwoods and vineyards up there. Probably all the wineries will be closed but that's OK, we'll just do some walking on the beach and driving through wine country.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, excellent theme - I've been craving desserts. I bought some pumkin spice coffee. I've never had it before but others seem to love it so though I'd give it a try. Anyone try it? I've had posts just disappear and it's frustrating. I was impressed your Dad was able to get to see a doctor so quickly on a weekend. The very few time DH or I have had to go to urgent care on a weekend meant a long wait. Glad your gum graft got rescheduled, hope it goes well.

Anita, yeah we did putzing too - two loads of laundry, groceries, etc. I need to get out and water and trim my plants. I did enjoy my boat day and yes, I am glad to have both the plane and boat now. Without them I think DH would be crawling up the walls and I would want to shoot him. I feel so grateful to have things we can do and still be socially distanced and feel safe. There are still some fires but the one closest to us that was making smoke and ash for us is out, so our air quality is getly improved. We were talking earlier about whether we would have much in the way of smoke on our flight - we can go around or above. DH has chosen a route that should keep us away from the fires.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on walking Gus with some friends that will come pick me and Gus up and go to a park. Otherwise putzing around the house. I hope my car will be repaired tonight - my friends can give me a ride out to that dealer. I'm expecting Tuesday to be a more reasonable day to get that car back. I did get everything cut down in my yard, but can't take it to the compost pile without a car - it'll be 2 or 3 trips needed. I'll also start raking some leaves.

Paula, applesauce! Do you completely smooth it out or do you like it a little lumpy? Enjoy your trip north! I use pumpkin pie spice in my smoothies I make with pumpkin and a banana, along with almond milk, protein powder, and some flax seed. I used to like all sorts of flavored coffees, but have just gone to a very basic taste now - just some half-and-half in there. I'm glad you enjoy your trips on your plane and boat - nice!

Anita
Old 10-19-20, 07:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a crazy busy day. Didn't plan on it, the to-do list just exploded. I did three loads of laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, cooked lunch for DH, cleaned up the kitchen a couple of times, etc. This evening, I had a virtual training session. Hopefully, tomorrow will be less busy. I did get out to do a little shopping and was in and out of the house several times. It was a beautiful day.

Anita - I hope you get your car back tomorrow. Good luck getting all the yard stuff hauled to where it needs to go. It sounds like you are getting a LOT done. Good job!

Paula - Have a great trip. It's nice you can fly over the bad areas - when it works out that way.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-19-20, 07:49 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 15 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, I hope your car is repaired. It's such a pain without one. Enjoy your friends and your walk in a new park with Gus. I like homemade applesauce either way. This time I left it a little lumpy. Maybe I should sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on it - that might be really good.

Laura, busy day here too getting ready and getting some other stuff done around the house. The temperature is finally cooling down around here. I was a beautiful day - perfect temperature not too hot, not too cold.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 07:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. It was one of THOSE mornings when I woke up around 4:00 am. Oh well. I may take a nap, but I'm doing okay so far. I plan on a much less busy day today. I will pick up a grocery store order this afternoon from Publix and I may do a load of laundry. We don't have any appointments, which is nice given that the next three days seach have one appointment for one of us and that I either have to go to or take DH. Oh, and I need to dig out my mail-in ballot, fill it out, and get it in the mail.

Paula - I'm glad things are cooling down there! Enjoy the break.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-20-20, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Beaten in this checkout by Laura! Hope your early awakening doesn't interfere with your day - if I got up at 4 am I'd be going to sleep at 6 pm!

Planning on getting Gus out to a park in a car! Yes, I picked up my car yesterday afternoon and all was free (even the tow truck!) - supposedly the new transmission cost would be about $8000 so glad this got covered under warranty. I did get a load off to the compost site and then my friend with a big truck came over and took the rest to the compost pile - yay! All done with the cuttings! We are supposed to be getting about 3" of snow today coming down from the skies, but I don't know how much will last on the ground as it's still pretty warm out there. I might stop by the grocery store also.

Laura, I need a to-do day like yours! I do need to vacuum the floors and clean off the counters today. How are you doing with the Publix orders? I always wonder about the veggie and fruit quality when I'm not picking it out from the grocery store piles. I sent my ballot in weeks ago - I'm just glad to be able to tune out political ads right now...

Paula, maybe it's these Covid days, but I really can go without using a car for several days - once a week is my only trip obligation of the week. My indulgence with the car is getting Gus out to parks instead of walking him in my neighborhood. Applesauce with pumpkin pie spice would work! I'm glad you've cooled off some - hope you have a wonderful time camping!

Anita
Old 10-21-20, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Guess I get to talk to myself this morning . Yesterday ended up being a big snow day - about 7 inches at my house. Weird for an October date! Lots will melt today and get rained on tomorrow, but I'll still be going out and shoveling today. There's a lot of trees still with leaves, so no raking today. Otherwise planning on walking Gus and hitting a store for some grocery supplies.

Anita