Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-20, 06:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. This morning, I did a circuit workout with Kendall Hogan on YouTube. It was good. I like the old-time instructors who put together a workout that flows with form pointers and that works you without killing you. This afternoon, I went on a short walk on my own while at DH's PT appointment and then later we went on a short walk together. It was another beautiful day here, sunny with highs in the low 70s, a good day to be outside.

I also did a bunch around the house - laundry, gathered trash and recyclables, cleaned up the kitchen, etc.

Anita - How is the skylight doing? It sounds like it got a decent test today. Hope it passed.

Paula - Yeah, I feel like the longer this "new normal" goes on, the less I want to do. It's nice to not have to work, if I don't want to.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 07:58 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Sculpting Day 10 followed by Yoga with Adriene Home Day 11.

Temperature was in the low 90's again today. Will these summer temperatures never end! Didn't do much today - worked on my latest quilt.

Anita, how did the working on the raised bed go. Hope you got everything done. A cool drippy day sounds good to me about now.

Laura, funny how a day can just disappear isn't it. I had more plans for today, hoped to get the whole quilt top finished, but I looked around the day was gone and the quilt top definately not finished. Sounds like you got in a couple nice walks though.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and hopefully finishing cutting that garden down today! I'm not sure I have enough wheelbarrow space to hold it all as I can't pack my car until tomorrow. I'll be happy if I can finish this task by Sunday. Then starts raking....

Laura, so far nothing has come through the skylight, but the rain was very light yesterday - it's usually the downpours that feel like a hose being sprayed on that skylight are the problem. I'm glad you're getting out and getting good walks in! I found another park connected to a new path that I tried last week, so lots more dirt path ways around that area - Gus was very excited by all the deer smells - also lots of little hidden ponds - kind of cool!

Paula, I'd have a terrible time with all those 90s in CA... You must have AC on - I don't think I could drape a quilt over my lap in that heat! I was able to climb up into the raised bed and got almost half done - the hardest part is still to come - these flowers are all about 4" apart and 8+ feet tall! Everything right now is dead and dried, so not very scenic, but a pain in the butt to harvest and get out of there! My car is a mess after I take these to compost.... Compost will be open Friday.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 12:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's amazing how a day can change after you get started with it. My gum graft was postponed because they're not going to be in the office this afternoon. DH had an appointment he was going to drive himself to this morning, but since I no longer had my afternoon appointment, I took him. It turned into a marathon appointment, 2 hours and 15 minutes. Itook two short walks around the parking lot. They were resurfacing part of the parking lot, so it wasn't the most pleasant place to walk.

This afternoon, I may go to the grocery store. It's a picture perfect day here, sunny, clear, and in the high 70s. It's a good day to be out and about.

Anita - Cool on the new park! I hope it's a good place for you. It sounds like Gus already likes it. You have a lot of yard work to get done! It's great that your hip is doing so well that it's possible for you to do it.

Paula - I hope the temps drop soon. October is NOT a time for the 90s. I know exactly how you felt in looking at that quilt top that didn't get done. But, these days, you usually have another day the next day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 05:57 PM  
sciencelady

Oh well, so much for plans today... I took Gus in the car to go to the park and my car died on a major road - luckily I was able to get to the side of the road and park it safely. I walked about a quarter mile to and tried a close by Midas, but they couldn't take me, just gave me a phone to call AAA. I did and got a tow truck in about half an hour - they gave me a location they were towing me to by street corners - about two miles away. I stopped by a nearby friend's house to see if they could take care of Gus for a bit, but they weren't home - I hung out there for a bit waiting for them, but no luck, so continued with Gus to the repair shop location I was given. I tried three different car places on the corner they gave me, but neither place had taken my car from AAA. I decided to walk home with Gus and that took another couple of hours of walking to do about 5 miles (lots of Gus sniffing and exploring). I did call AAA and found the place they took my car and called them - it was behind the other places I visited on those corners . It'll likely take at least Friday to figure out what's going on. So I'm home with Gus with no car. I'm happy that at least my hip made it just fine, and Gus got the longest walk of his life with me .

No plant chopping got done today...

I did call my supervisor at WRC and told them I won't make it in tomorrow.

Anita
Old 10-15-20, 09:04 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Sculpting Day 11 - moderate weights then DH and I went for a neighborhood walk.

Dh went to get stuff done on the plane so I had time to sew today. Got the center of the quilt top done. Now I need to choose a border to best show it off.

Anita, Yes we have the AC on in our home and in our car. As for the quilt on my lap, at this point I'm just working on the quilt top - it's only cotton material, the batting and backing aren't on it yet. In short it's not hot. Cool you found a new place for you and Gus to explore. New sights, sounds, and smells for both of you. Hope the skylight doesn't leak. Had to change my post as I just saw your second post. About the best I can say for your day is thank goodness this happened after your surgery and you weren't limping and using a cane. Any way the shop will give you a loaner car while they have yours? I guess both you and Laura had one of "those" days.

Laura, you sure had one of "those days". I'd be upset if my gum graft was postponed - that's the sort of thing I'd have to work myself up to. The high was 93 degrees today, but it cooled off earlier today which is something.
Old 10-16-20, 08:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm hoping my car will get fixed today - they are closed on weekends, but frankly, I'm glad I'm retired and don't have places I have to be urgently. Gus will get his walk in my neighborhood today. I'll go ahead and do that bed trimming, but likely won't be able to haul anything to the compost pile until I get a car. I'll go ahead and walk to the car place when needed. I'm glad the hip is doing well enough to allow me to do that! I consider it kind of the same distance as a State Fair day. It was kind of cool to cruise through the back neighborhoods of that area with Gus - found some neighborhood stores and restaurants I had no idea existed.

Laura, sorry that you missed the gum graft - hope they can fit you in next week! What did they do to DH that he had such a long appointment? Hopefully nothing bad was found! I hope you get a more scenic walk in than a parking lot! Sounds like we both had days of misfortune, but not really bad things happening.

Paula, No loaner car... Since I didn't even find these people until I had walked home, no big deal. I'm just hoping they can figure out what went wrong - i literally went from normal operation to a clunk sound in the engine area and no power to drive with all the warning lights on and the engine revving to 6000 rpms when I stepped on the gas with no connection to the drive. I was the first person parked at an intersection waiting for a light - luckily, the car must've had a split second of power before it collapsed as I was able to drift about twenty feet to park on the side of the road - luckily no angry drivers around me and allowed me a clear path to the side. That new park area Gus and I explored is a university path for a little college and is tied to a city park dirt path. That ground is what is being sold to a senior living organization - I'm hoping they preserve the woods on the edges of their land.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 10-16-20, 09:24 AM  
sciencelady

Ack! Snowflakes coming down this morning!
Old 10-16-20, 01:49 PM  
sciencelady

OK, heard from the garage that they can't fix the car - they think it was an error in the last maintenance check I had a few weeks ago where they put in gear lube inside where the transmission fluid was supposed to go . Anyways, I've called my Subaru dealer to come get my car and take it to their garage and help it... Such fun.... I'll probably be without a car till next week. Luckily life now is pretty simple, so I can survive a few days without - Gus got a walk in my neighborhood instead of going to the park. Fun eh?

ETA: Now I got a new call from the dealer's garage - my transmission is out and needs replacing, but it is still under warranty! Yay! It'll probably be the end of the day Monday to get my car back.
Old 10-16-20, 08:34 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Sculpting Day 12 Standing Abs followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Stretch.

We flew today and it was a nice day for it.

Anita, glad your car is going to be fixed, but what the heck - the dealer mechanic put gear lube where the transmission fluid was supposed to go! I don't think your new transmission should come off your warranty - they should replace it due to their own negligence. Yuck on snow so early.

Hope Laura is doing OK - maybe they worked her in for the gum graft - I hope so.