Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-11-20, 07:19 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Lazy Is Such an Ugly Word. I Prefer SELECTIVE PARTICIPATION. 10/11

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 07:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I used one of Laura's suggestions for titles - thanks! My mind certainly isn't sharp enough first thing in the morning to come up with something .

Planning on doing more garden chopping and hauling to the compost site, giving Gus a nice walk, and doing more putzing around the house - I do have to get my orchids watered and laundry done. I was able to get my computer working again - Google was giving me difficulties because my passwords weren't matching everywhere - got that fixed and things seem to be opening again - that was a pain in the butt!

Laura, I'm just kind of glad we don't deal with hurricanes or tropical storms here in MN. We get some occasional tornadoes, but frankly, having a few blocks ruined because of that doesn't compare with entire states getting flattened by hurricanes.

Paula, glad you got through your forest visit without too many issues - safety was key. I'm glad my big remodeling job upstairs got done while I still worked and didn't have a dog - all that hammering and sawing took place while I was gone. I don't think too much would happen that would bother my neighbors. Gus enjoyed his pats and belly rub from you .

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 10-11-20, 08:32 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. It just occurred to me that it's Sunday. You got an early start. Yeah, one of the reasons I like living where we are is that we get a lot of rain from hurricanes, but it's usually just a bad rain storm. Being as far inland as we are is a good thing.

We may go looking at Sleep Number beds today. We have had one for years and DH is thinking a new one might help his pain levels some. He has thought it out, so it's worth considering.

It's supposed to rain most of today. It's ironic that we'll have had a lot more rain from the remnants of hurricanes that his Louisiana than the one hurricane that hit North Carolina.

Paula - It's good you had a nice time on your trip. Welcome back. I hope that the loud sounds end soon. That's aggravating.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 08:36 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith HIIT for Beginners Level 1 followed by Yoga With Kassandra Yin Yoga.

Today was grocery day. This afternoon I made a large pot of marinara sauce, so my freezer is now stocked.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. I'm starting to feel the change of season - finally. It is getting a little cooler here, with the emphasis on little. One of the reasons i wanted to go to the mountains was to see/feel the start of Fall. It's nice to see trees with leaves changing color. When doing any level of travel we are very careful - masks, distancing, and sanitizer/wash LOTS. I also took disinfecting wipes and wiped down the kitchen and bathroom in the cabin. Glad Gus enjoyed his pats from me.

Laura, at least the workmen took today off so I didn't have to listen to the banging while I was cooking this afternoon. We've never had a sleep number bed but I've heard good things. We have friends who love theirs. So, enjoy getting out of the house and shopping even in the rain.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing some more garden cutting when the rains stop and things dry up out there a bit. Also planning on a walk with Gus. Unfortunately with the rains last night my skylight in my living room started leaking again - it didn't do so this summer but did in spring when it was colder - must be temperature influenced with metal against glass differences. I'll get up on my roof and apply a sealer to the window when everything dries up. I'll see if I can climb up there after this hip got done! If not, I'll call the company...

I watched a weird old TV show called the Night Gallery - saw an episode with Rene Auberjonois (Odo on Star Trek DS9) - he was very young in this episode (1971, age 31) - just cool to find something like that!

Laura, I've slept on one Sleep Number bed in a sleep clinic, so you could adjust the bed to your comfort level. The bed was a queen size and had two different pressure controllers for the bed - one for each side. I set the same number on both sides, but could feel the seam in the middle of the bed where I generally sleep, so not much of a fan of that bed. Might be different for you.

Paula, Enjoy your marinara source - did you make it from fresh tomatoes? I just did some bottled marinara sauce over spaghetti and now I've got red-stained tupperware.... I should take a mask with me on my walks with Gus to have it in case of contact with people, but generally I walk bare-faced as there aren't a whole lot of close people out there in the parks (mask is in my car) - I avoid popular parks with lots of people in them. I did a different path yesterday at a campus that has been sold to a senior living place - I'm considering it as it'll probably be built in about 6 years. Beautiful path there! Hope it remains. Our leaf colors have been outstanding this year - just beautiful! I think lots got knocked down with the rains and wind last night, so lots of raking ahead.

Anita
Old 10-12-20, 07:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was another gray, dreary, spritzy (not rainy) day here. It started drying out this afternoon. I got outside for a couple of short walks. Given how wet it felt outside, I didn't want to get too far from my front door. I also did some strength work. This evening, I had a remote training session.

Anita - One thing nice about here is that when people are out in an area walking and approach someone, people move to make more distance until they pass each other. It's an interesting dance. I usually don't bother with a mask myself. My DH does, but it's because of allergens in teh air and trying to avoid them.

Paula - We fixed spaghetti sauce today. I had already planned on it, but your post yesterday reminded me about needing to make it today. Hope it wasn't too loud today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-13-20, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, getting more garden cutting done, and doing grocery shopping. I did get the skylight recaulked - hope it works! This will be the last warm day this year (60s) - tomorrow our highs will be in the 40s. My period started again - gheeesh, when will I get into menopause!

Laura, yes, the people I meet on the path also do the little dance to each side of the path as far apart from each other as possible. Don't mind doing that every quarter mile or so, but not every ten yards like in some of these crowded parks! Tomorrow we'll be having some rain storms so will likely choose a shorter path with Gus.

Anita
Old 10-13-20, 12:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There's this strange yellow glow outside. We're guessing it's something new we've heard of called "The Sun"? We are supposed to be in the high 70s the next few days before colder temps reach us. I did a short cardio workout this morning and want to go on a walk this afternoon.

I was supposed to have a training session this evening, but she got called into a meeting from 4PM to 9PM. Mainly, it makes me glad I'm not working in a job anymore that can require things like that.

Anita - I guess I haven't been to many parks recently. If it's that crowded, I can understand how irritating it would be. Walking in the neighborhood is probably less congested. I hope the fix to the skylight works and keeps working!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-13-20, 08:33 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day Stretch followed by Yoga with Adriene Home Day 9 Inguire.

Anita, Glad you're able to get out and walk with Gus. No fall weather here - high was 92 degrees. It's been unseasonably hot here.

Laura, was it fun playing hookey fromt the workout. Nice not to be on a timeclock any longer.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 07:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's been a rainy morning and may be so during the day also - drip here and there. I'll still walk Gus and try to do some more cutting in my garden - one whopper bed to go! This is a raised bed I wasn't able to get to when the hip was out - hope there's no problems today. Today will be the last day in the 60s for a while! I also need to go grocery shopping - didn't do it yesterday.

Laura, hope you got outside to enjoy your sunny day! I'd not be a fan of working for a meeting 4-9, although those were my circus hours on Tuesdays when I worked - I assume she had a full day work on top of the 4-9 meeting. Crossing my fingers that the skylight is now sealed!

Paula, I think we're in the leaf drop zone of fall - probably considered past peak. Our winds are just pulling all the leaves down!

Anita