Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-20, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking Gus for a walk with friends, taking a load to the compost pile, going to my surgeon for a follow-up visit, and hitting the grocery store (didn't go yesterday).

Laura, any luck figuring out how the mice got into your house? Sometimes door frames need better sealing - that was my issue in the basement years ago when mice could sneak through a little gap. I took some naproxen this morning so maybe I can have a pain-free walk with Gus.

Paula, I figure why not sleep in and cuddle with Gus - he's my only dog that wasn't with a built in alarm clock waking me at dawn! I'm sorry your allergies are so awful! I had friends move to Arizona to avoid Midwestern allergies to grasses and trees - unfortunately they developed something down there also...

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 04:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What a day. It was busy. I had a dentist appointment at 10:00, the cleaning that was supposed to happen in May. My teeth feel WONDERFUL. One of my teeth has an issue with the gum being gone around it, so I need a gum graft where they take some from the top of my mouth and put is on my gum. He said the graft area doesn't hurt but where they take it from the top of the mouth will. I took DH to his PT appointment this afternoon. In between appointments, I did a load of laundry, figured out what was happening with the app we stream live TV with, and am now cooking DH chicken in the InstantPot. I'm tired! It wasn't a bad day, just busy.

Anita - Our pest control company sent someone out and he couldn't see any place they could have gotten in. He said it was likely that they got into the garage and then at some point they slipped in when we were going back and forth. The house is 8 years old and well built, so that was our very first question. We had looked around and couldn't see any possibilities.

Paula - Yeah, spring is the worst season here for me and fall is ragweed season. I react more in the spring. I imagine you wouldn't do well here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 07:54 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Sculpting Day - Core followed by Yoga With Adriene Home Day 6 Ignite - which was also core. DH and I did a neighborhood walk also.
We are leaving tomorrow over an overnight in Big Bear. We've rented a smalll cabin for just one night. We're planning to take our Forester on some back dirt roads and do a little hiking.

Anita, snuggling with Gus sounds warm and yummy. My dogs always had an internal clock too that made them want to get up early and therefore get us up early. I still have allergies here but not with the intensity I would in your state or Laura's.

Laura, Busy days make the time go by quickly, which can be a good thing. The simple phrase "ragweed season" makes me cringe inside. So you're right, probably not moving to NC any time soon.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, putzing around outside in this freaky warm weather, and just enjoying the day . There's a chair yoga class today also - I did take one on Tuesday. I might or might not take it - I'm pretty ambivalent to what we end up doing in that class - it's very basic.

Laura, I had that gum graft done several years ago - I really don't remember feeling a big hole in the roof of my mouth afterwards - it wasn't very painful for me. I'm waiting for cooler fall weather to start up my crockpot and cook some roasts (Gus loves the broth he gets after that! ).

Paula, Gus does love his morning belly rubs keeping him in bed till we're both ready to get up. Enjoy your trip! I assume Big Bear hasn't been affected by the forest fires! Enjoy your hikes!

Anita
Old 10-08-20, 05:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This was the only day this week with no appointments and/or training sessions. It was nice to have a less busy day. I did part of a cardio workout on YouTube and DH, and I took a walk. It was another beautiful day. Our end of beautiful days is ending though because the leading edge of Hurricane Delta 2020 will start coming in tomorrow and it will rain much of the weekend. I also got some crafting done and cooked something for DH for dinner.

Anita - It's good to hear your gum graft wasn't bad. That's what I was hoping for. I think he was trying to give me all the things that could go wrong or side effects. Most of them he said are usually not problems. The pain in the mouth's roof seemed to be more common. It's good that both you and Gus can enjoy that crockpot meal.

Paula - I hope your trip was good and relaxing. Welcome back!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-09-20, 06:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at WRC, giving Gus a walk, stopping by the compost pile, and enjoying this weirdly hot day (82 F). I had the chair yoga class on yesterday, but couldn't get into it, so decided on taking the walk with Gus instead.

Laura, hope the rains coming from the hurricane aren't too bad - which # of hurricanes have you had in your area this year? Three? I think the gum pain was kind of like a little burn on the top of my mouth from eating a hot pizza.

Paula, hope you're enjoying your visit to the woods and that all the fires are far far away!

Anita
Old 10-09-20, 08:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. We're back, had a good time. I'll write more tomorrow.
Old 10-10-20, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's another lovely day here - hope Laura made it through tropical storm Delta! I'm planning on putzing in the garden trimming perennials and walking Gus. My internet is having problems with Google mail and Chrome - not even coming up with password screens for me to sign in - sigh... Don't know if I've picked up some computer virus...

Paula, glad you're back from your vacation in the woods! Hope all went well!

Anita
Old 10-10-20, 05:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's been a busy couple of days. Our pantry and everything in it is clean. Now, we just need to put everything back, hopefully not as big of a job as taking it all out and cleaning it. I've done a bunch of stuff, but don't really remember it all.

Today was dreary and drizzly much of the day, but it wasn't a total washout. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worse day.

Anita - We think the # of hurricanes was 1 that hit NC (that wasn't bad at all) and 2 whose remnants moved through here as tropical storms.

Paula - Welcome back!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-10-20, 08:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Fitness Body Sculpting Day 6 Walking with Weights followed by Yoga with Adriene Home Day 7 Stretch.

We had a good time i the mountains for an overnight. We had intended to do some hiking and some driving back roads. Dumb us we should have known the back roads and trials would be closed due to fire danger. We still had a good time. The area where we stayed had not sustained fire damage, however when we drove home we went through areas that were badly burned.

Today was the usual putz day of laundry and other home chores. I intended to do some sewing today, but it didn't happen.

The remodeling work next store continues simply meaning I had the annoyance of hearing bang, bang, bang and then a jackhammer intermettiently throughout the day.

Anita, glad you had a nice and productive day. Give Gus a pat for me. Aren't internet problems the worst! They are so frustrating because if you're like me you have no idea what to do about the problem.

Laura, Good job on the pantry cleaning. Stay dry should heavy rain come through tomorrow.