Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-17, 04:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I did more research online today and realized my head was telling me to go one way and my heart the other. I've decided to go with my heart since I know myself enough to know I'll do what feels the most fun the most often.
I think that was the best thing to do! And I agree about reaching for the most fun (for us) the most often! Glad you were able to decide and have fun with your purchase! I also agree the Gazelle looks like you're skiing!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 06:46 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I like the rowing machine because in just a few minutes my heart rate is up and I am working! I feel it and I can get a great workout in just a few minutes. I can do it before work and be on my way. I love rowing machines! I used to hate them because they did kick my butt but now I like and need my butt kicked lol.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 08:24 AM  
spotted zebra

I hear you. I kind of wish I'd had a rowing machine 15 or 20 years ago because that's exactly what I was looking for at the time. It's funny how we go in cycles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I like the rowing machine because in just a few minutes my heart rate is up and I am working! I feel it and I can get a great workout in just a few minutes. I can do it before work and be on my way. I love rowing machines! I used to hate them because they did kick my butt but now I like and need my butt kicked lol.
Thanks AsSweetAsSugar. It's skiing, gliding and flying rolled into one for me, as funny as that may sound. Do you know which type of Gazelle you have? Not that there are huge differences. Yesterday I was researching the differences between the Gazelle Edge, Gazelle Freestyle, and Gazelle Supreme and realized the Gazelle Edge will suit me just fine. I don't have to go bigger or fancier than that. Amazon is pretty amazing. A few clicks and you can order whichever Gazelle you want, or an affordable rowing machine or recumbent bike. I don't know what I ever did before Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I think that was the best thing to do! And I agree about reaching for the most fun (for us) the most often! Glad you were able to decide and have fun with your purchase! I also agree the Gazelle looks like you're skiing!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 12:00 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I had a Concept 2 rowing machine, went through several recumbent bikes, and a few Gazelles. I have back and hip issues along with a knee replacement. The rowing machine was very hard on my back. I hear it's great for backs but not mine. The recumbent bikes were my favorites but eventually they were bad for my back and hip. I have a Gazelle Freestyle on the front porch and a Gazelle Power Plus in the living room. They're the only cardio I can do without causing more pain. I had a Freestyle on the deck for years. It was out in the heat of summer, cold of winter, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and kept working. I called it Timex because Timex watches "take a licking but keep on ticking."

Enjoy you new equipment. I'm sure you'll love it!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 11:48 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Thanks AsSweetAsSugar. It's skiing, gliding and flying rolled into one for me, as funny as that may sound. Do you know which type of Gazelle you have? Not that there are huge differences. Yesterday I was researching the differences between the Gazelle Edge, Gazelle Freestyle, and Gazelle Supreme and realized the Gazelle Edge will suit me just fine. I don't have to go bigger or fancier than that. Amazon is pretty amazing. A few clicks and you can order whichever Gazelle you want, or an affordable rowing machine or recumbent bike. I don't know what I ever did before Amazon.
Funny, but so true!! I've a Freestyle, it is the same model I had years back. I paid $50 and the lady delivered it to my front door. I was interested in the one with resistance (I don't remember what was the model now), but at this price I thought it was a good deal. I didn't know Amazon have the Gazelle that 's great! I started buying from Amazon like a year back, I don't know why I didn't buy from them before, I've got some very sweet deals from them.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-29-17, 08:00 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
I had a Concept 2 rowing machine, went through several recumbent bikes, and a few Gazelles. I have back and hip issues along with a knee replacement. The rowing machine was very hard on my back. I hear it's great for backs but not mine. The recumbent bikes were my favorites but eventually they were bad for my back and hip. I have a Gazelle Freestyle on the front porch and a Gazelle Power Plus in the living room. They're the only cardio I can do without causing more pain. I had a Freestyle on the deck for years. It was out in the heat of summer, cold of winter, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and kept working. I called it Timex because Timex watches "take a licking but keep on ticking."

Enjoy you new equipment. I'm sure you'll love it!
Thanks, I'm glad you found something that still works for you. That's one great thing about Gazelles - like rebounders, they stand the test of time and our changing bodies and needs. I hear recumbent bikes are more comfortable than stationary bikes and I'm counting on that. I really love biking, had some problems with stationary bikes in the past but I think, fingers crossed, a recumbent bike will work better for me as far as biking goes. And the Gazelle, well, now I'm wondering why I waited so long to replace mine!
Old 04-29-17, 08:04 PM  
Vantreesta

I found a Gazelle for free at a garage sale today. Sadly I have no room for one but I can't stop thinking about it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 08:10 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I found a Gazelle for free at a garage sale today. Sadly I have no room for one but I can't stop thinking about it!
Does it fold for storage? I didn't realize they mostly fold now, which makes all the difference for me and my limited space. I'd like to say congratulations - great find! and really hope you can make it work.
Old 04-29-17, 08:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Does it fold for storage? I didn't realize they mostly fold now, which makes all the difference for me and my limited space. I like to say congratulations - great find! and really hope you can make it work.
I never thought about it possibly folding. We left it bc I don't have room. Shoot, wish I had thought of that! Hmm...do we go see if it's still on the curb in the dark???
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 08:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I never thought about it possibly folding. We left it bc I don't have room. Shoot, wish I had thought of that! Hmm...do we go see if it's still on the curb in the dark???
Yes, go and check if it is still there, you can fold it when not in use, to save space.