Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-16, 05:26 PM  
puja

Wow! All wonderful suggestions! I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know what T-Tapp is! I will be looking this up momentarily.
I've never tried Tracy Anderson or most anything else that's been mentioned here (aside from the Callanetics which I've promised myself I'd be religious with) so I see some spending in my future
I used to run almost daily but I hate it. I think it kept my legs fairly lean but I can't bring myself to go back to it. I have Jari Loves Ripped 1000s and the Tonique 2 disks but I find the latter sooooo boring. I've read that some people have had really good results with her though.
Sadly genetics had determine that my legs be thick enough to support an elephant so I don't want my muscles to get any bigger
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 06:47 PM  
puja

"has determined"
Goodness, the dangers of replying on my phone.
Old 06-03-16, 07:07 PM  
Coastal Girl

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis!
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 07:17 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis!
Do these come in different versions? Hipcentric, onmicentric etc?
Old 06-03-16, 07:20 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja View Post
Do these come in different versions? Hipcentric, onmicentric etc?
Yes, Omni, Hip, Glute and Abcentric. I started with omni and switched to hip but had great results with both! Nothing has changed my thighs like TA
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 07:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
3. Callanetics - but I had to do it daily.
+1

and the Firm Standing Legs (yowza).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 08:32 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
+1

and the Firm Standing Legs (yowza).
I like SL and had some trepidation that it would bulk me up (I've never done it consistently enough to know). Time will tell.....
Old 06-04-16, 12:28 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
In all that time, only TWO things have given me noticeable slimming results in my legs: A ski machine (in college) and running (the last couple years). Steady-state, repetitive cardio where my legs are going back and forth, swiftly, for 25-45 minutes, 3-6 times a week. Walking, alas, doesn't do it (probably b/c I can't burn enough calories walking to make a noticeable difference in my weight).

YMMV, of course, but since "steady state cardio" is no longer a trendy answer , I thought I'd throw it out because it DOES work for some of us, some of the time.
Another one here who got great results with steady state cardio. Few years back, I was riding my bicycle quite often during summer season, and without even trying I loose weight, and my legs looked fabulous! No other changes. Just bicycle and bicycle, I started doing it because I was bored (single and lived on my own), or it was too hot and humid to be inside, and continued because it was just fun. I got so excited with the results that I started to add a few circuits on my own at the park, just body-weight stuff and nothing fancy.

Second time, I got great results was doing Upper/ Lower body splits twice a week, with medium to heavy weights, with Rebeka and Tatianna workouts (youtube) and zero cardio.

I also noticed a slimming effect on my lower half when I first got my rebounder (trampoline), and was doing 15 minutes every day.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 04:44 AM  
little bird

The Firm alternated with Tae Bo. People would tell me that I looked like I had lost weight. I had not lost weight but I had lost inches.
Old 06-07-16, 02:26 PM  
puja

I enjoy steady state cardio but I find that it heightens my appetite. I do take a few long walks (6 miles at a good clip) per week and swing dance twice a week for two hours. That's not exactly steady state but it wears you out after a while! And it does wonders for my mood so I feel that's a benefit right there.
I'm trying out the Ballet Beautiful series--my legs will never look like Mary Helen's but they are inspiring when I'm grimacing through all those leg lifts

Tags
thigh slimming