Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-15, 10:13 AM  
mizvespa

My perspective and experience...

The very first time I did meta 3 years ago (it was glutecentric), I began to bulk LIKE CRAZY about 3 weeks in. Everything from the waist down bulked. I was freaking out! It lasted until about the 7-8 week mark and then, suddenly and out of nowhere, I began to shrink. My arms had a tone like never before. My butt looked fantastic. My thighs were slimming.

As I always seem to do, I abandoned my workout habit when life got busy. After returning from my honeymoon, I took a long break from working out, only doing callanetics randomly. I did not do any TA for 7 or 8 months. I restarted TA with her perfect design series. I had slimming and toning results immediately. However, one day while trying on clothes at a store, I got a good look at my butt. It did NOT look the way it had looked when I was doing glutecentric. Not even close. It lacked shape and perkiness. So, I decided to restart glutecentric again. Not quite as dramatically as before but similarly to before, I began bulking. I began to look mushy. The super thin veil of fat on my lower abs which were quite cinched from the work I had done in perfect design was coming to the surface. My thighs were looking jiggly. However, I kept at it and you know what happened?... about a month later I was shocked to pull on a pair of jeans I had not worn since my thinnest just before my wedding over a year prior! My abs were popping out again. My butt was looking awesome again.

I believe that meta is fantastic, but YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL. There are some funky stages in the beginning. Not everyone experiences them, but I always do. I recommend alternating meta with perfect design. I went that route most recently and it has helped the bulking considerably.
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 07:11 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
The very first time I did meta 3 years ago (it was glutecentric), I began to bulk LIKE CRAZY about 3 weeks in. Everything from the waist down bulked. I was freaking out! It lasted until about the 7-8 week mark and then, suddenly and out of nowhere, I began to shrink. My arms had a tone like never before. My butt looked fantastic. My thighs were slimming.

As I always seem to do, I abandoned my workout habit when life got busy. After returning from my honeymoon, I took a long break from working out, only doing callanetics randomly. I did not do any TA for 7 or 8 months. I restarted TA with her perfect design series. I had slimming and toning results immediately. However, one day while trying on clothes at a store, I got a good look at my butt. It did NOT look the way it had looked when I was doing glutecentric. Not even close. It lacked shape and perkiness. So, I decided to restart glutecentric again. Not quite as dramatically as before but similarly to before, I began bulking. I began to look mushy. The super thin veil of fat on my lower abs which were quite cinched from the work I had done in perfect design was coming to the surface. My thighs were looking jiggly. However, I kept at it and you know what happened?... about a month later I was shocked to pull on a pair of jeans I had not worn since my thinnest just before my wedding over a year prior! My abs were popping out again. My butt was looking awesome again.

I believe that meta is fantastic, but YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL. There are some funky stages in the beginning. Not everyone experiences them, but I always do. I recommend alternating meta with perfect design. I went that route most recently and it has helped the bulking considerably.
Thanks so much for posting and your insight! Still very weird to be since we're not " suppose" to experience and of this with her workouts I'm going to keep at it. I'm trying to go through it as more of a challenge to finish meta. I've tried and started like three times,bailing after the second month. I think I may throw in some Essentrics after meta and if I get sick of meta, start to alternate PP2. Did you ever get to continuity?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 08:18 AM  
cherimac

I did Meta entirely and didn't get results but know many people did. It's definitely worth a shot to try it!
Old 03-05-15, 08:22 AM  
flamingoo

Thanks Cheri! I will come back and post when I'm done. Three months is long enough to decide if it will work for me .... right??
Old 03-05-15, 09:04 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thanks Cheri! I will come back and post when I'm done. Three months is long enough to decide if it will work for me .... right??
Yep. I am so glad I did it. I had a great sense of accomplishment and my arms looked great.
Old 03-05-15, 09:25 AM  
nycgal

what do people think about the streaming? that's what i've been doing and i'm bulking from that- i did hipcentric before and felt i was bulking. i like the streaming and feel it's a great workout but not if i'm going to get bigger!! i've never heard anyone mention it anywhere else but on this forum. did anyone ever email tracy anderson and see if they say this can happen?
nycgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 09:39 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgal View Post
what do people think about the streaming? that's what i've been doing and i'm bulking from that- i did hipcentric before and felt i was bulking. i like the streaming and feel it's a great workout but not if i'm going to get bigger!! i've never heard anyone mention it anywhere else but on this forum. did anyone ever email tracy anderson and see if they say this can happen?
No answers, but feel for you. Did you bulk the entire time with Hipcentric? I too have searched and Googled, but never could find any answers to this question. Just assumed I was the only one going through it. Maybe if someone belongs to a TA FB group they could give a shout out???
Old 03-05-15, 09:46 AM  
nycgal

well we can't be the only ones . i gave up on hipcentric when i wasn't liking the results. i know a lot of people weren't sure what centric they were so thought i chose wrong. with the streaming i assumed it was geared towards all body types.

i know i bulk doing barre work so i stay away from that but this isn't repetitive like that
nycgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 05:14 PM  
Stephanie84

Ta

I can't get through Meta - it kills my lower back after a while. I've done a combo of TA cardio and Mat workouts along with Barre 3 and that has always given me great results. I'm starting another round of that after combo I get through Slim in 6.
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 07:17 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie84 View Post
I can't get through Meta - it kills my lower back after a while. I've done a combo of TA cardio and Mat workouts along with Barre 3 and that has always given me great results. I'm starting another round of that after combo I get through Slim in 6.
That's why I decided to add Essentrics also. I do love Barre3. How many days of each did you do?

Tags
tracy anderson beginners