Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-11, 01:25 PM  
Wendy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhardy View Post
I had this video many years ago and LOVED IT!! I recently purchased it again for my mom since we both thought it was a great workout. I haven't done it in years but remember it was one of my favorites.
Jen
I guess I just don't like "dated" workouts, no matter how effective they are. I can't get past the music and outfits. Funny thing is, being the true vidiot that I am, there are still a few VHS tapes that I can't seem to get rid of due to sentimentality. I still have all of my old Firms and Cathe's Step n Motion videos, which were my first home workouts and I did those daily when they first came out. Maybe one day I'll pull them out again...
Wendy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 02:03 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
They had it up on Oprah's website -- www.kathykaehler.net

it was $ 14.99 yesterday when I bought it-- it just went up to $ 24.99 !!

I guess it's the Oprah effect, her website must have been flooded so she decided to raise the price
I'm not going to buy, but I did look at it last night and again just now. I don't think I like that price jump--taking advantage. Not cool, IMHO.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 02:23 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
This was my first workout video ever. I did at least three sections of it every day for months - usually the step sections with Jamie Gertz, Justine Bateman and Julianne Phillips. When it got to the point where I remembered everything that they said, I just turned down the talking and did the workout on mute or to music.

What a blast from the past!
Double ditto! This was my very first workout. It will always have a place in my heart. And I am pretty sure I bought it around the time it was released

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:02 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
Double ditto! This was my very first workout. It will always have a place in my heart. And I am pretty sure I bought it around the time it was released
Hey Debbie...

That's so cool - vidiot synchronicity! I think I bought the VHS tape when it was new, too. Do you still have the tape? I think I donated mine several years ago (and I regret it. It would be fun to have just for 'old times sake'.)

I'm not going to buy the DVD at 24.99 but maybe someday I'll find it used somewhere.

Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 05:51 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Hey Debbie...

That's so cool - vidiot synchronicity! I think I bought the VHS tape when it was new, too. Do you still have the tape? I think I donated mine several years ago (and I regret it. It would be fun to have just for 'old times sake'.)

I'm not going to buy the DVD at 24.99 but maybe someday I'll find it used somewhere.

Nat
Nat,

I have been spending the past five months trying to downsize my video collection. You know, trying not to keep workouts I won't do just for sentimental reasons Although, at the time, I LOVED that workout, I doubt I would do it now. I may, though, find a picture and have my DD do something with it so I can hang it in my workout room.

If I found it somewhere for a dollar, no question, I would grab it

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 07:07 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
Nat,

I have been spending the past five months trying to downsize my video collection. You know, trying not to keep workouts I won't do just for sentimental reasons Although, at the time, I LOVED that workout, I doubt I would do it now. I may, though, find a picture and have my DD do something with it so I can hang it in my workout room.

If I found it somewhere for a dollar, no question, I would grab it
Hi Debbie -

I am not sentimental, in fact, I'm probably too harsh in my clutter-cutting measures. I doubt that I would ever do this workout again. It is nice to hear folks talking about it and it brings back good memories.

I'm guessing that in a few weeks when the "Julia-Roberts-said-it-was-great" effect wears off around the country, there will be copies of this workout to go around. If I see one for a dollar, I'll probably grab it too just because it was 'the first'. (If I see two copies, I'll get one for you too).

Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:20 AM  
htimpaired

Aw...this was the first video I ever bought! I loved how simple it was and those leg lifts were killer! I wore out my first VHS and had to buy it again. It's on DVD now....oh dear. I may have to buy it....always good if I don't feel like doing anything fancy....my favorite section is the advanced step with Juliane Phillips....
htimpaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:21 AM  
Gams

I had this workout at one time, but I hated it. I thought it was monotonous and borring.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:28 AM  
spotted zebra

I've had this on VHS for years and always liked it. I don't like most step workouts yet I thought this was a keeper by comparison. I won't get it on DVD though, because I don't do step workouts often enough to warrant getting any more step DVDs. But I still pull out the VHS and do parts of it every now and then. It might be a little dated, but it's not cheesy like some other older programs. In some ways I prefer older workouts. Many of the newer ones are bland and unoriginal IMO.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The price jump is really slimy.

Of course, the DVD is cheaper than the $199 they want for the VHS on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Kathy-Kaehler-...4948061&sr=8-2

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actors workout regimen, kathy kaehler, oprah