Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-11, 08:51 PM  
gigi

Favorite Supreme 90 Workouts

So far my faves are Cardio Challenge because it's so tough yet doable! I also think Back & Bi's is one of the toughest upper body workouts I own. It pretty much slays me!

I am usually terrible at the type of cardio that has you going from burpee's to push ups to standing cardio to ab work, but I can handle Cardio Challenge. I'm loving the length of the SP90 workouts as well.

What are your favorite workouts from this fabulously priced set?
Old 04-04-11, 09:01 PM  
pumptmuscle

I'm really not using this much at all but I should. I've only done the tabata one and loved it.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 01:17 AM  
ilovemybirds

How are the other sculpting workouts in this series? I haven't bought it yet, but I will probably end up caving on this set.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 06:24 AM  
melfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemybirds View Post
How are the other sculpting workouts in this series? I haven't bought it yet, but I will probably end up caving on this set.
I really like the strength workouts! It has a nice variety of exercises and the workouts aren't too long. You don't need a lot of equipment, maybe 2-3 sets of dumbbells. They use a stability ball, but it's not necessary. The exercises are done in circuits, which is a nice change from the typical strength DVD.

The only DVDs that I don't do often are the core ones: Core Dynamics and Ultimate Ball. I really like the workouts but I don't know how to fit it in. Each strength workout starts off with core exercises and I really don't feel like I need to add any more core work. Sometimes, I'll do UB on the weekend.

S90 is TOTALLY worth the $20.
melfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 06:55 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfitz View Post
I really like the strength workouts! It has a nice variety of exercises and the workouts aren't too long. You don't need a lot of equipment, maybe 2-3 sets of dumbbells. They use a stability ball, but it's not necessary. The exercises are done in circuits, which is a nice change from the typical strength DVD.

The only DVDs that I don't do often are the core ones: Core Dynamics and Ultimate Ball. I really like the workouts but I don't know how to fit it in. Each strength workout starts off with core exercises and I really don't feel like I need to add any more core work. Sometimes, I'll do UB on the weekend.

S90 is TOTALLY worth the $20.
How long are the workouts?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 07:02 AM  
ldy_solana

i really like core dynamics and ultimate ball. tabata and cardio challenge would be my next two. i like the strength workouts but i have done my own routines with similar format (superset/circuits reps etc) so to me it is nothing excitingly new. i did like total body b/c it mixed up traditional weights with pylo and power moves but even then, most of my own kettlebell routines were similar. for what i like out of it, it was worth $20.

Kelly http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Supr...Set-p/1002.htm Mary has the times here. the workouts times do not count the 4 min warm up or 6 min stretch so whatever the workout time is just add 10 minutes to that.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 07:21 AM  
BurnRN

I finally tried one of these yesterday. It was Tabata Inferno. Wow, it was incredible. I loved it. Can't wait to try more of them.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:38 AM  
pattyd0319

I really like the strength workouts, all of them. Even though they are shorter, they are intense as heck. I took a two week break and switched to Cathe to mix things up and it suprised me how much easier it was to keep up and push myself.

This week, I switched back to Supreme 90 and it felt so much harder because of the limited breaks and sequencing. I did Legs last night and I was breathing heavy from start to finish. I think it would overtraining if they were longer with this type of sequencing.

These workouts are excellent to work you in that anaerobic zone if you go as heavy as possible and then when you go back to endurance workouts, its easier for your body to switch over from anaerobic to aerobic energy stores to keep on going. I did Cathe Kick Punch & Crunch and it felt easier.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:53 AM  
turbo1

A favorite would be hard to choose....if I HAD to I guess I"d choose Back and Biceps for wts, tabata for cardio. These DVDs are decieving, they are tougher than they look when you just preview. But the circuits move quickly (Chest and Back way too fast, but we've all managed to make it work for us) I did 6 weeks of S90 (6 weeks of anything is about all I can handle without getting antsy for something different) and decided last week to do STS Meso2 to change things up a bit....I"ll stick this 4 weeks out BUT the workouts seem so LONG and the equipment cleanup is a PIA!! I don't do all the reps for small muscle groups either and it still seems long! I don't see me ever doing more than 4 weeks of split training again....S90 is the best purchase I've made in a very long time, it has spoiled me because I get a great workout, in a short amount of time with very little equipment...can't beat that especially now with the nice weather coming on, gives me more time to be outside gardening, riding my horse, or just sitting on the patio reading a book
Old 04-05-11, 09:28 AM  
Missylizzie

What are your favorite workouts from this fabulously priced set?[/QUOTE]

All of Them!!!!
Missylizzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day, supreme90, supreme90 day