Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-13, 12:48 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
A few things I can point out that worked for me. Make sure you keep the bell close to your body as you clean. It helps to start with the bell on the ground between your legs about mid sole on your foot. Pull the bell straight up. Start with the handle of the bell parallel to your legs so your pinky is facing towards the front of the room and your thumb towards the back, and rotate your wrist gently so that the handle rests on the back of your arm gently. It's really the wrist rotation that's important. Practice having the handle rotate in your hand and the bell rotate around your arm so that it does not slap the arm.
These are excellent tips.

I also had problems doing the clean in the beginning. I was able to snatch before I learned how to clean properly. I took a certification and realized that I was really over thinking it. As someone above thread stated, once you get it, you'll wonder what took so long.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 12:50 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I first read this very early this morning and I thought, "try some Windex!"

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 08:44 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I also had problems doing the clean in the beginning. I was able to snatch before I learned how to clean properly.
Hah- I haven't even tried the snatch. You might see another thread from me soon when I get to that.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 08:47 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Hah- I haven't even tried the snatch. You might see another thread from me soon when I get to that.
The snatch is a doozy! But when I was first able to do it, I was excited and shocked at the same time. ha ha ha The same with deck squats.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 12:00 PM  
Exercise Diva

I actually got the hang of the snatch before the clean and I would say that my clean form still isn't as crisp as it could be - for some reason it's harder for me to do on my right side. Rotating your hand in so that your thump is point back and your pinky is forward helps a lot. For me, avoiding the actual swinging motion for a while and putting the bell down and then lifting and cleaning helped me to focus on my form more easily. It's a much harder movement than it looks. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 12:29 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:

I also had problems doing the clean in the beginning. I was able to snatch before I learned how to clean properly. I took a certification and realized that I was really over thinking it. As someone above thread stated, once you get it, you'll wonder what took so long.
I felt the same way. It's a really natural move that we do all the time without thinking. Even slinging a heavy shoulder bag over your shoulder, or putting a loaded backpack onto your back, is a clean-like move.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 12:42 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

When I read the thread title, I couldn't help wonder, "How did her KB get so dirty?"
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 07:24 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
When I read the thread title, I couldn't help wonder, "How did her KB get so dirty?"
I actually thought that the whole first day it was up. Guess I'm not a kber, that probably hit them right away.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 08:42 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
Hah! If I see a thread title like that, I always click to read it.

Maybe there's a sordid story behind it, like "my husband did the thing that annoys me one too many times, and I bludgeoned him with my KB and now I need to get the blood stains out before CSI Shanghai comes calling..."
Old 12-09-13, 08:44 PM  
bex

Quote:
The snatch is a doozy! But when I was first able to do it, I was excited and shocked at the same time. ha ha ha The same with deck squats.
So of course I had to google 'deck squats'. I won't be attempting that move any time soon.

Tags
csi, kettlebell, kettlebell beginners