Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-21, 12:41 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday was another city walkabout, racked up 13,000 steps. I did a hip & leg focused stretch at bedtime.

Sandra - Long walks are my main form of activity these days. I figure I’m moving and that’s what counts.

Beth - Yes I had an oops moment when I realized I was still thinking March. Ugh, sorry about the work dysfunction, that can be so draining especially during this trying time. I remember seeing pictures of your sisters kids when they were the same age as June & Moira, flies!

Paine - If I’d been home I definitely would have done Beth’s yin class as I love yin. I’m glad you enjoyed it, Beth is a really good instructor!

Pat - You’ll have to report back on your osprey family.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 12:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, are Junie and Moria 8 & 10 already? That's how my youngest sister's kids are; I think your girls are a bit younger. My middle sister's kids are 15, 17, and (almost) 19.

Pat, glad you are having a mild weekend! It's only in the high 40s here, but better than yesterday; I need to shower & then go out for a few errands.

Happy Saturday! Hope everyone has a bit of chance to unwind.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 01:15 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

All morning I did a bunch of batch cooking and food prep for the week. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, washed the bathroom floor and I'm doing laundry. I have 2,500+ steps so far just from doing housework. That will have to be my activity for the day.

My daughter is helping her boys color Easter eggs. It's really cute to see them do that.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 02:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - Moira is 5 & June will be 8 in the fall. I remember seeing pics of your nieces & nephews on FB over the years, but I might be thinking of your youngest sister’s kids. They are a bit younger IIRC, but I assume all are teens now?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 02:05 PM  
cyana

Happy Saturday Ack, after going to the farmer's market in jeans and T-shirt last week-end, I had to bundle back up this AM because it was flipping cold! Hopefully this will be the last day for the winter coat - fingers crossed.

If I had to describe catkins, I'd say they look like chenille worms. As a kid I thought they were neat. As a grumpy old grown-up, I'd say they're a pain in the rear.

Has anyone eaten jackfruit? When we were doing the on-line grocery ordering from the Whole Wallet this week, I saw a picture of a can of Native Forest (the people that do canned coconut milk, coconut cream, etc.) jackfruit and told DH to order it. I have no clue what I'm going to do with it, but apparently some vegans use it as a meat substitute. The canned variety is packed in a brine - so it will definitely need a savory preparation, which is fine with me because I prefer savory over sweet. Here's a link to a Spruce Eats article: https://www.thespruceeats.com/prepar...kfruit-3217061

Beth - Sounds like you had far too much work drama for one week - hopefully next week will be dull and boring. Or at least uneventful. You'll have to let us know when you're teaching on-line again. I'd like knowing that I'm not going to be on camera, as I could set up my Surface anywhere in the house.

Paine - Good for you for doing Beth's class. I have camera avoidance, too. As companies start to bring people back in the offices, our company will be doing a hybrid arrangement (for the people who work in offices versus the full time remote people) and the big boss wants people to start using the camera for all meetings. OMG, insert the puking emoji here, as I would rather eat worms. I don't know that my boss would really care for our team meetings, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. My son loved Easter when he was a kid - even into big kid years. We had some neighbors who went all out for Easter and he loved doing the big egg hunt, etc., with his neighborhood friends.

Pam - Good luck with the condo. Real estate inventory is in short supply here, so most people are able to sell quickly. I had to laugh at your antihistamine comment. After I've been out at the market for about a half hour, I start to cough and feel like everyone is giving me the evil eye! We have tons of pollen right now.

Pat - Good luck with your osprey visit today. I'm a bit concerned, as we haven't heard the owls at all this week. Our neighbors had some really loud yard work done last week-end and I hope that didn't frighten them away. Did I tell you about my petunia experiment? I had two petunias in pots from last summer and decided to see if I could overwinter them, just for the heck of it. They're both blooming!!! Now the countdown begins to see if the turmeric and ginger made it through another winter.

Sandra - The workload division officially started a couple of days ago, so I'm hoping I can get out for some lunchtime walks. I need to get a better handle on the school traffic to see if I can get out first thing in the AM. I've read that getting out and exposing your eyeballs to the early morning sun can be helpful for people with insomnia - it's definitely worth a try.

Waves to Garrie - sorry I missed you in the March thread a couple of days back. That's a bummer on the apartment. One of my family members has been trying to find a place forever. The apartment rents are insanely high and the inventory is minimal. You could buy a small house and have a mortgage payment lower than typical rent (sometimes about half the cost) - totally nuts.

Waves to Sherry. Hope all is well with Carolyn, Anny, Margot/Twigs and Linda.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 02:38 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, I've never tasted jackfruit but I've always wondered how it tastes. I heard a YouTuber say that she thought the Pitaya brand of frozen jackfruit tastes like juicyfruit (it's sold at Whole Foods but I have never seen it). Let us know if you like it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 02:54 PM  
cyana

Here's the feel good story of the week. As a boy mom and a cat mom, I want to give this young man a massive hug:

https://us.cnn.com/2021/04/03/us/dog...rnd/index.html

Paine - I got the impression from the article fresh or frozen jackfruit would provide more options for preparation. Who knows....perhaps frozen jackfruit will be next on the experiment list. You know me, I'm always up for some Mad Scientist work in the kitchen.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 03:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh, Pam, I wasn't clear - I said 8 & 10 first b/c those are the ages of my younger sister's kids. So yes, closer in age but still a bit younger tham Moira & Junie - and I can't believe how old they are!

cyana, you might have me beat in work drama. All of the classes are livestream now, so my Tuesday 5:30 pm every week and my rotating Saturday at 10 am ones (next one is next week on 4/10 and then 5/1 after that). I barely wore my winter coat this year because I haven't been out much, but last time was probably February - I hope to be done with it too!!!

That's a sweet feel good story! I get CNN's "Good Stuff" newsletter every Saturday, and it has all kinds of things like that. This week it included tattoo artists who turn update tattoos for people who got hate messages in their youth and no longer want them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-03-21, 03:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

RE pizza - this is a joke post from The Onion, but it's basically how I want my pizza/crust to look (but with more pepperoni, haha):
https://www.facebook.com/TheOnion/ph...9630533814497/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-03-21, 09:12 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: I started with the Upper Body section of Kathy Smith's first Lift Weights To Lose Weight. It's a decent routine that I'd probably do more often if Kathy wasn't so screechy here. I finished with the bonus Standing Abs workout from Jessica Smith's 3 Weight Loss Walks.

Cyana and Beth: Sorry to hear about all the workplace drama! I know some big changes are coming to the library where I work, but I figure if they are just too much I'll simply go ahead and set that retirement date.

Yogapam: Oh gosh, I remember when little Junie was born! How time flies!

Paine: My little grandniece is getting a nice Easter basket tomorrow. I helped the Easter Bunny get some goodies for it, but somehow not quite everything made it over to her mama's house.

Waving to all!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder