Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-11, 12:48 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Margaret's Good n Strong can be broken up into upper and lower body. I often will do only the two upper body chapters of both workouts as a weekend split, doing the two lower body chapters the following day. Bonus: you get two great full body workouts for days when you want to do them. She is having a sale today, $24.95, for one of her best two-workout DVDs.

Watch the clip.
I am not familiar with that instructor... does she have clips of the workouts?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 08:01 AM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I just did Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training and thought that it'd be a good option for you. It's a 45 minute full body workout, but there's a 15 minute upper body premix (that's really 17 minutes). The premix includes a quick warm-up, a chest superset, a back superset, and then an arms superset (which has 1 exercise each for biceps, triceps and shoulders), and a quick stretch. You pretty much move non-stop. I use 8 lb dumbbells on this; sometimes 10 for back, but you can't go too heavy because she does the same exercise for a minute straight. I like that more time is spent on chest and back in this. They are bigger muscle groups. Also, you always work your arms and shoulders to assist with chest and back exercises, so you don't need as much to fatigue them after that.

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 08:05 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathgpo View Post
I just did Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training and thought that it'd be a good option for you. It's a 45 minute full body workout, but there's a 15 minute upper body premix (that's really 17 minutes). The premix includes a quick warm-up, a chest superset, a back superset, and then an arms superset (which has 1 exercise each for biceps, triceps and shoulders), and a quick stretch. You pretty much move non-stop. I use 8 lb dumbbells on this; sometimes 10 for back, but you can't go too heavy because she does the same exercise for a minute straight. I like that more time is spent on chest and back in this. They are bigger muscle groups. Also, you always work your arms and shoulders to assist with chest and back exercises, so you don't need as much to fatigue them after that.
This is great! Thanks for letting me know!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 10:39 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
The "UP" or "DOWN" the pyramid premix from Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body dvd!!
I love these, but aren't they a lot longer than 20 minutes? I can't remember the length but they certainly "felt" longer to me.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 10:54 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I love these, but aren't they a lot longer than 20 minutes? I can't remember the length but they certainly "felt" longer to me.
In my 2007 Cathe catalog (still have one!) the up premix is 40 minutes and the down premix is 41 minutes. But that might include w/u and c/d and if you skip those it might ring it at closer to 30 minutes.

Tags
20 min strength, short strength workouts, short workouts, upper body, upper body strength