Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 11:05 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Maybe you'd like Amy Dixon's Super Fit Bod or Give Me 10. The cardio is definitely athletic, and they're both full-body workouts.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:07 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you guys want . . .but I consider Insanity a pure athletic style training cardio and it has what I think is a really good upperbody workout in the set AND I get a good upper body workout with many of the other DVD's (I know others disagree with that).

Cathe's Hiits are very challenging cardio that are athletic style, as is her Core Cardio Circuit. Supreme 90s Tabata Inferno and Cardio Challenge are good athletic cardios (and the set has great upper body work).

I hate Kickboxing. These are some of my go to cardios that are athletic drills with zero choregoraphy challenge.

(there's also Paul Katama's Bootcamp and Hardball)
What Sancho said. Cathe also offers drill-based cardio routines such as her original Boot Camp from the Intensity series (which has a cardio-only premix), her Drill Max workout from the "Sash" series (which also has a cardio-only premix), her Boot Camp workout from the 4-Day Split series, and innumerable weight-lifting workouts that include upper body training for endurance-, strength- and mass-building.

And Shaun T's new ASYLUM series, a sequel-on-steroids to INSANITY series, is now available for purchase thru Beachbody or one of its many coaches.

A-Jock
Old 04-09-11, 11:07 AM  
laurajhawk

I do Jari's workouts and just skip the lower body chapters (because I like barre etc. better). They (the ones that aren't combo moves) are chaptered by body part so it's really easy to do them that way.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:18 AM  
topfitmama

I find Tracey Mallett's Get Your Body Back very well balanced. It's not straight cardio, but you definitely get a very good cardio effect from it! you can get a full 49 minutes of circuits with a lot of strength moves for your upper body.
Also, her Quickblast Fat Burner has 4x6 minute circuits of non-stop upper body and ab work done on the ball.

Booty Barre's upper body segment is very good.
Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is an hour of straight cardio with just a little kickboxing. I'm not a big fan of kickboxing but can take it in small doses.

Check out Exercise TV. I know there are loads of upper body workouts on there and some good athletic cardio workouts. For example, Cindy Whitmarsh's Less Is More Cardio, which is 30 minutes and no choreography or kickboxing, just lots of fast feet, jogging, jumping jacks, bodybuilders... I'm a sweaty mess after that one.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:25 AM  
daisysunshine

thanks for your suggestions guys -

i tried Charlene Prickett - (ironically enough it wasn't for me), I have Jillians...)

Has anyone tried/done Mindy Mylrea's All out Cardio? just saw the clip and I think i'm in love.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 12:06 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is an hour of straight cardio with just a little kickboxing. I'm not a big fan of kickboxing but can take it in small doses.
I hate kickboxing, too. But BFBM is great - even her "kickboxing" segments are just some simple kicks and punches, I don't know if you'd even call it kickboxing.

Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days upper body is great - alternating upper body weights with basic cardio drills.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
athletic cardio, upper body, upper body strength