Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-11, 07:36 AM  
pumptmuscle

Can I get a list of all workouts that include pull ups/chin ups?

Can I get a list of all workouts that contain pull ups or chin ups? I haven't been using my Perfect Pullup bar as much as I should (I highly recommend getting one though). The only workouts I have right now that include them are Cross Pit and the Navy Seal workouts with the late Scott Helvenston. I believe there's at least one P90x that has them, too.

I've been having a lot of success with my informal upper body/lower body rotation and the pull ups I've been doing give such incredible results. It'd be great to have some standard workouts that include them. tia

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:29 AM  
mj476

P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy
Old 04-05-11, 08:49 AM  
SpiritYogi

Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 08:59 AM  
lisarah

Hey Bob, i don't have any dvd recommendations but wanted to ask where you purchased your perfect pull-up bar & how much you paid? tia

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 09:34 AM  
donnadc

I've seen them at Ross stores for $19.99.
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 09:44 AM  
pattyd0319

And if you don't want to buy the STS set, you can always download just the workouts you want for about 9.99 each. I got rid of STS a while back but recently downloaded PLYO legs Meso 3 and a couple of workouts from Meso 1.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 10:09 AM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.
Thanks Marcy and Dena for the suggestions. Geez, as time goes on, I keep feeling like I need P90x more and more.

As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 10:12 AM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy
Yep, if you want to do pull ups, P90X is the program for you!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 12:35 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50.
Thanks for the info. I'll check around on-line and at local stores to see if I can find it.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 12:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Cory Everson's Abs, Back and Biceps from her Basic Sculpting System series.
This is only on vhs, and I offered it in the Share the Wealth thread last month, as well as its sister tape: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Tags
chin ups, chinups, pull ups, pull-up bar, pull-ups, pullups, upper body strength