Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-17, 06:18 PM  
isebelleg44

I have to pop in and sing the praises of her latest leg workout, Oh My Quad. Cute title and good workout! Some of the class members even had on Oh My Quad tank tops (where can I get one?) This one was a burner and I even swore at Cathe a few times. Don't worry, in spite of the title, the hammies still get some love! And I had plenty of DOMs the next day. Love Cathe lower body workouts!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 08:34 AM  
cecififi

Although I have the workout blender, I do not do a lot of Cathe Live - just here and there. I had to post about Cathe's latest, oh my quad, which was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I was truly crying those words "oh my quad" throughout. What a fun workout that flew by.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 03:31 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Oh My Quad

Add me to the list of Oh My Quad Lovers!!

Excellent workout! Love how it hit the hamstrings hard, but didn't shortchange the standing work one bit.

Just make sure to go heavy enough and your legs will be burning!

A+!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 04:44 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I have to pop in and sing the praises of her latest leg workout, Oh My Quad. Cute title and good workout! Some of the class members even had on Oh My Quad tank tops (where can I get one?) This one was a burner and I even swore at Cathe a few times. Don't worry, in spite of the title, the hammies still get some love! And I had plenty of DOMs the next day. Love Cathe lower body workouts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
Although I have the workout blender, I do not do a lot of Cathe Live - just here and there. I had to post about Cathe's latest, oh my quad, which was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I was truly crying those words "oh my quad" throughout. What a fun workout that flew by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
Add me to the list of Oh My Quad Lovers!!

Excellent workout! Love how it hit the hamstrings hard, but didn't shortchange the standing work one bit.

Just make sure to go heavy enough and your legs will be burning!

A+!
Okay, you guys have COMPLETELY talked me in to doing this WO! I was, oddly, really on the fence about it. I absolutey ADORE Cathe Live and pretty much do JUST that (the few, rare times I'm NOT doing it, I'm doing Cathe DVDs. ), and I adore Cathe's lower body WOs and have done almost all of the ones she has in Live. However, I was kind of "meh" about this, watching the clip. But, who am I to doubt the VF consensus? It'll be my lower body WO this week! Thanks everyone!

(PS Pleased to hear that the hammies got some attention, as well. I'm always looking to work my hammies and glutes, esp. in lower body work.)
Old 07-03-17, 06:08 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Okay, you guys have COMPLETELY talked me in to doing this WO! I was, oddly, really on the fence about it. I absolutey ADORE Cathe Live and pretty much do JUST that (the few, rare times I'm NOT doing it, I'm doing Cathe DVDs. ), and I adore Cathe's lower body WOs and have done almost all of the ones she has in Live. However, I was kind of "meh" about this, watching the clip. But, who am I to doubt the VF consensus? It'll be my lower body WO this week! Thanks everyone!

(PS Pleased to hear that the hammies got some attention, as well. I'm always looking to work my hammies and glutes, esp. in lower body work.)
Funny that you say you were "meh" on it. I initially avoided it because I didn't like the cutesy factor of the name. I am glad I got past it though. It's not that different or special, but it moves very quickly, gives a great cardio effect and it's been a while since I've done a lower body workout on CL that has the standing/floor exercise ratio exactly to my liking.

For me, the most important part of a Cathe Live is to make sure the weights are heavy enough. Sometimes I am surprised that she doesn't go a bit heavier.

I have found the use of a weight vest is particularly important for me to get the most out of CL workouts.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 12:54 PM  
dlg

I did today's Boot Camp Circuit...fun little workout! Not any different than her other boot camp workouts but it moved fast and there were some fun moves. For you Cedie fans, she makes an appearance in this one! I don't know if she has in the past, but I've never seen her in any that I've done.
Old 07-06-17, 02:27 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlg View Post
I did today's Boot Camp Circuit...fun little workout! Not any different than her other boot camp workouts but it moved fast and there were some fun moves. For you Cedie fans, she makes an appearance in this one! I don't know if she has in the past, but I've never seen her in any that I've done.
I actually pulled out a Cathe DVD last night, that had Cedie in it. I was thinking how much I missed her and wondered if we would ever see her in a Cathe Live workout. Can't wait to do this one! Maybe we will see Brenda or Jai next.

Speaking of Brenda, her sister used to be in a lot of Live workouts, but I haven't seen her in a long time.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 02:53 PM  
Pascal

Right now, for some unknown reason, my phone or HDMI cord or something is causing my Cathe Live to not transfer to my TV. So I haven't done Cathe Live in a while and I miss it so much!

I just watched the Boot Camp Circuit Workout Live from this morning and it looks so fun!! It is great to see Cedie again!!

Can I just say how much I like Nicole? I hope she shows up in Cathe's next DVD series. She almost always has a smile on her face but it doesn't seem forced or fake.

Oh, and the stability ball stuff from this morning's live workout looks really fun and different!!
Old 07-06-17, 03:48 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Right now, for some unknown reason, my phone or HDMI cord or something is causing my Cathe Live to not transfer to my TV. So I haven't done Cathe Live in a while and I miss it so much!

!!
Interesting you should mention this. I can't cast some of the Cathe lives from my phone anymore, mainly the ones from a year plus ago. It's really weird because I have used these videos before and have been streaming from my phone to my tv with no problems. I've been having so many issues that now I just use my computer and cast to my tv from there. It's been so frustrating. I can't figure out what has changed that caused this. Do you have a Samsung phone?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 04:50 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Interesting you should mention this. I can't cast some of the Cathe lives from my phone anymore, mainly the ones from a year plus ago. It's really weird because I have used these videos before and have been streaming from my phone to my tv with no problems. I've been having so many issues that now I just use my computer and cast to my tv from there. It's been so frustrating. I can't figure out what has changed that caused this. Do you have a Samsung phone?
Interesting. No, I have an iPhone. I was able to cast a movie from YouTube from my phone last night so it's so odd that it's either something with the TV/cord in my workout room, or the Cathe Live videos. And it's bumming me out! If you find a solution, please let me know. I'll try it, too.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung