Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-17, 07:57 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My DVDs were delivered to Brooklyn, NY today
Old 06-26-17, 08:02 PM  
bubbles76

I'm kind of wanting the Fit Tower for pullups now. I have a pull up bar, but had to take it down, as Tiny Bubble kept using it. Yes, he is using the pull up bar better than me to do all kinds of aerial feats, so I had to take it down. He thinks he's Spiderman.

Oh, and after jumping around at a trampoline park, I think I want a rebounder. Will start a separate thread on that
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-17, 08:31 PM  
TinaS

Mine were delivered today. I did the Upper Body + Abs premix from Total Body. I didn't feel like it was a thorough workout so I scanned through the full workout . Some of the upper body exercises in the full workout are compound movements and those were left out of the premix. It isnt a deal breaker but it would have been nice if those were left in because this premix doesn't fully work the upper body (IMO). I'll have to do the full workout to see if I want to use it for a stand alone upper body workout.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 08:15 AM  
owltx

Completed Fit Tower Boot Camp this morning. It was awesome. It was pretty tough, too, especially towards the end. I will be feeling it tomorrow. Love the new moves Cathe has come up with the Fit Tower, and the adaptability for working on push ups and pull ups. Can't wait to try the other two!
Old 06-27-17, 09:24 AM  
Pascal

Did Bootcamp with the bonus abs section. If you've done Cathe's original Fit Tower DVDs, there are some similar moves here, but this one is tougher, for sure. Cathe did a really good job coming up with a workout that uses just the tower and a couple of exercise bands (full length and the 'loop') yet hits every major muscle group.

Pros
-Time flies
-Has some new moves
-Can be made more difficult depending on band tension
-Can be made easier depending on band tension, and Cathe shows modifications for some moves
-Nice to have a workout that works everything yet uses no dumbbells

Cons
-The music
-The warm up was pretty repetitive, but the workout itself didn't feel that way, so this is a minor, minor gripe

The bonus core section had moves from her original Fit Tower DVDs as well as new ones. I was kind of dreading doing it since it is 12 min. long. But the time flew. It is 11 min long with 1 minute stretching, which was nice.

Am eager to try the other two Fit Tower workouts.
Old 06-27-17, 10:10 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm kind of wanting the Fit Tower for pullups now. I have a pull up bar, but had to take it down, as Tiny Bubble kept using it. Yes, he is using the pull up bar better than me to do all kinds of aerial feats, so I had to take it down. He thinks he's Spiderman.

Oh, and after jumping around at a trampoline park, I think I want a rebounder. Will start a separate thread on that
I'm finding myself wanting one also.... Do I need it???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 10:40 AM  
Jenmgo

If you don't have the fit tower are they worth getting and still be a good challenging workout?
Old 06-27-17, 10:56 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
FYI: Today on Ebates Walmart has 10% back, so if you order the Fit Tower for $150 @ Walmart through Ebates, you will get $15 off!
thanks for this - just ordered!

Old 06-27-17, 04:11 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I've been looking at the tower too but already have the Fluidity bar. I'm really wondering how much different they are.

Does the Fit Tower break down at all for storage?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 04:19 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I've been looking at the tower too but already have the Fluidity bar. I'm really wondering how much different they are.

Does the Fit Tower break down at all for storage?
I have a fluidity bar also, but upon previewing the new workouts I didn't think it would work. I caved on the deal at Walmart. I never even thought about it folding, so that's a great question. I think I can move it to the corner of my room for a clothes rack when not in use

Tags
b-bounder, bernadette giorgi, cathe, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower reviews, fit tower workouts