Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-11, 09:46 PM  
RASCalif

If you can find the studs on your wall try this wall-mounted pullup bar:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...367453.2622932

Personally I use a tower...multi-position pullups, dips and leg raises. The perfect body weight equipment as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...367453.2622932
Old 04-12-11, 08:47 AM  
bearcatfan

To continue my hijack of Rozy's post ....

I ended up canceling my Equalizer order from perform better and got the Ultimate Body Press with rings thanks to some glowing VF recommendations. I ordered this morning, so hopefully it will ship soon before I change my mind again, lol.

I showed my husband the clips from both and he thought the body press looked more stable. It turned out to be about $20 more than the equalizer (rings included), and looks small enough to keep in my living room (I'll probably use it as a stability ball stand when I'm not using it, so it's multifunctional!).
Old 04-12-11, 10:12 AM  
Missiscipi

Well hubby changed his mind and is going to let me buy a stud/wall mounted one for inside Exciting!!!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 10:14 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I ended up canceling my Equalizer order from perform better and got the Ultimate Body Press with rings thanks to some glowing VF recommendations.
I'd be interested in hearing how you like it. I have wanted the Equalizer for a while and it looks so versatile..... but I've never looked at the UBP until it was linked upthread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
Well hubby changed his mind and is going to let me buy a stud/wall mounted one for inside Exciting!!!
Congrats! That's exciting!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 10:21 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Yes exciting Rozy! Yay!

Rose I hope you like the press, let me know what you think of the rings I was thinking of ordering the pull up handles or rings but have that idea kind of on hold for now as I just bought a couple dvds.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 10:40 AM  
RASCalif

Quote:
If you want to amp up your pullups add a wrap to the bar. Having to do pullups while gripping a thicker bar really makes for a great workout.
Old 04-15-11, 06:34 AM  
bearcatfan

Coming back to report that I got my UBP and really like it. It fits right next to my piano, and I can tuck my high step and stability ball in/around it so it has friends. And it does indeed look like a walker.

It has some give to it just sitting there, but once you put your weight on it it's solid (like a previous poster, I'd heard that about Cathe's tower, too). I use mine on low-pile carpet. It sits about 36 inches high, which I'd first thought might be too high for supine pullups but seem to be just fine. I guess if I get really good at them I can put my feet on the couch and pull even more weight.

I did get the rings, but haven't tried them yet.

But I still would love to get the Equalizer, too.
Old 04-15-11, 11:00 AM  
lorajc

i have a pullup bar in the doorway of the dining room kitchen. It isn't THAT noticeable. How about using TRX for this? Do you have a TRX? That's what I'm planning on using (with some assisted pullups).
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 01:47 PM  
kat999

Are there easy instructions somewhere for how to do the two chairs and stick variation? And then how one would perform the moves?

Tags
fluidity, p90x, pull-up bar