Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-10, 10:57 AM  
Aquajock

Reviews on Cathe's Pull-Up aka Push-Pull Tower?

Greetings, sportsfans:

I am contemplating getting Cathe's Pull-Up / Push-Pull Tower, as well as some angled risers for my step bench to be able to do incline supine upper body work.

For those who have the Pull-Up Tower, do you feel you're getting your use out of it? I am especially interested in bringing in pull-ups and chin-ups back into the mix (I really like the vertical pull-up variation with your legs in a tailor-sit position), as well as being able to add weight to my barbell presses.

Thoughts, please?

I've posted this inquiry on the Cathe Open Discussion forum as well.

TIA!

A-Jock
Old 05-30-10, 11:33 AM  
msladybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajock View Post
Greetings, sportsfans:

I am contemplating getting Cathe's Pull-Up / Push-Pull Tower, as well as some angled risers for my step bench to be able to do incline supine upper body work.

For those who have the Pull-Up Tower, do you feel you're getting your use out of it? I am especially interested in bringing in pull-ups and chin-ups back into the mix (I really like the vertical pull-up variation with your legs in a tailor-sit position), as well as being able to add weight to my barbell presses.

Thoughts, please?

I've posted this inquiry on the Cathe Open Discussion forum as well.

TIA!

A-Jock
I bought the Pull-up tower for the same reason, to work on pull ups. But after some tries, and finding it ackward to get the right angle or posistion, I stopped and I'm not useing it hardly at all. I can say that I was impressed by the contruction and ease of assembly and disasembly.

I am working on pull up though, just not with the tower. I bought a pull-up thing that goes into the door frame. At first I just draped several heavy duty tubing over the pullup door frame thing, for lat pull down. Now that I'm stronger I use a superband aka woody band with the door frame thing, and am doing assisted pull-ups.
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-10, 12:50 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I use it for STS Meso 2 and 3 chest work. I did my first STS rotation without it and I definitely notice the difference!

I can't do the tailor sit pull ups, but I have done pull ups the way the other gals do them in STS but mostly for Tony Horton's One On One workouts that have too many pull ups for me to do with my doorway/rubberband option. (I mean, even with the assistance I can only do so many!)

I have also used it for some barre type workouts since I don't have a chair in my workout room that has a back tall enough for me to hold onto.

In other words, I'm glad I got mine. It did take a while to get used to the wobbliness of it, though.
Old 05-30-10, 01:16 PM  
joanna33

I use mine for all my pull ups and I lower it and use it for a barre. I dont use a heavy enough barbell to utuilize that intended function, but I am very satisfied with my purchase.
Old 05-30-10, 04:06 PM  
Aquajock

Thanks for your responses, peeps!

A-Jock
Old 05-30-10, 06:10 PM  
msladybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna33 View Post
I use mine for all my pull ups and I lower it and use it for a barre. I dont use a heavy enough barbell to utuilize that intended function, but I am very satisfied with my purchase.
Joaana

Sorry to be off topic....but......love your avatar! The dog looks alot like our elderly shepard mix....when she was young. Ours looks like a german shepard, except with floppy ears...and a long snout like a collie.
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chin ups, pull ups