Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-13, 03:00 PM  
rheash92

Lindsay Brin Pretty Fierce Maintenance and Postnatal Workouts

Lindsay is having presales on her websites for the new programs to be released in January.

looks like the Pretty Fierce X workouts have 3 phases but will only be available as downloads. The postnatal workouts will be DVD and downloads.

Here is a link to her website http://www.lindsaybrin.com/. there are clips on there too.

Dont know if I should get them or not. I only did the weight loss ones but they are too fast. I have not even tried the Lea out workouts. But I do like her.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 07:49 PM  
keb's mom

I did the weight loss set and had NO results. She moves at warp speed and does a lot of throwing the weights around. She kept advising to "cram" the reps in and I don't think it is prudent to "cram" reps while lifting heavy weights. I liked her personality but felt like the program could have been so much better if she would just have slowed down!

Maria
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 03:24 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I ordered. I was in the R&D group for both Pretty Fierce sets. I've done the Weight Loss one SO many times. I always go slower than she does--I start while she's still talking and getting you set up. FWIW, the first round of R&D got me in such good shape I was able to run (outdoors) though I hadn't run at all in over a year at that point.

The "cram it in" talk bugged me too (along with some of the others in R&D) and Lindsay said the most important thing is to go heavy. I find the set pretty versatile--I can do the entire Muscle Split set of workouts in one day for a 70 minute total body blitz, do just one set of each workout for half the workout, or match up upper and lower body workouts on two different days.

Oh, and I never use any of her yoga...

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 09:03 PM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I ordered. I was in the R&D group for both Pretty Fierce sets. I've done the Weight Loss one SO many times. I always go slower than she does--I start while she's still talking and getting you set up. FWIW, the first round of R&D got me in such good shape I was able to run (outdoors) though I hadn't run at all in over a year at that point.

The "cram it in" talk bugged me too (along with some of the others in R&D) and Lindsay said the most important thing is to go heavy. I find the set pretty versatile--I can do the entire Muscle Split set of workouts in one day for a 70 minute total body blitz, do just one set of each workout for half the workout, or match up upper and lower body workouts on two different days.

Oh, and I never use any of her yoga...

Pratima - Did you get the postnatal or just the Pretty Fierce?
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 10:53 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Just PF. I do still have her Bootcamp 2 but have traded away all her other postnatal workouts.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 08:50 AM  
ellaenchanted

I have the Weight Loss set and I love it. It is a cardio and muscle endurance rotation. The AMRAP (as many reps as possible) is actually used a lot. Rachel Cosgrove's D2S has the "cardio" workouts where you do AMRAP in a given amount of time. Or you do the same exercises for, say, 5 sets and you do 10 of each, then 9, then 8, and so on. It works on endurance and speed - more of an explosive strength rather than how heavy you can lift.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 03:20 PM  
CleverandSmart

I also like Lindsay a lot and enjoyed both of her her latest sets. My abs never looked better.
CleverandSmart is offline   Reply With Quote