Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 05-09-02, 02:13 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by MsChana
[B]I have 33 DVD's. I'll start compiling chapter lists this week.
Suzanne,
I can't wait!!!!!!!

Willow,
Thank you for the breakdown! That clears things up a bit!!
Kathy

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-02, 10:03 AM  
mercedes

My list...

These are some of the DVDs I have for which I believe I have never seen a post with their break down of chapters - correct me if I am wrong that way I will not do extra homework.

I can start working on these this weekend too:

Emergency workout - Minna
Tae bo II Get ripped basic
Total Mix - Complete total body
Pilates Method - Perfect mix
Paula Abdul Cardio Dance
The Best of crunch - Step
Pilates workout for dummies
Khi Bae
MTV - Body Rock
Kathy Smith Personal Trainer

I have more, I just cannot remember off hand what they are...

mercedes
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-02, 10:12 AM  
MsChana
VF Supporter

I imagine the Firm DVD's have already been chapter mapped in this version of the software, so I'll assume to skip those.

Most of my DVD's are Yoga or Pilates/fusion style. I've already chaptered all 3 of the Jennifer Kries ones, so you don't have to do "Perfect Mix," Mercedes - already done. I'm planning on working on more of mine today and just posting when I have a bunch done.

Out of the ones you listed, I have Tae Bo II: Basic, Personal Trainer, and Best of Crunch - Step, but I'll save those until the end in case you're planning on doing them.
Old 05-10-02, 11:44 AM  
Debbie57
VF Supporter

Smile My list

I've been on a DVD spending spree lately! About 2 months ago bought a Go Video DVD/VCR combo player (space issues) and bought some DVD's and love it-so replacing some of my VHS with it; have Cathe's PS series and CTX series, some of the firms, Christi's new ones, Tamilee total stretch and flexibility DVD, Kathy Smith's Latin workout, Yoga conditioning for weight loss, and Yoga Zone's: Power yoga for beginners, total body conditioning for beginning, yoga for abs for beginners, yoga for a strong and healthy back, sunrise and sunset!!!!! and Method: Pilates Target Specifics is on the way!!! - Debbie
Old 05-10-02, 11:49 AM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Tamilee Stretch chaptering?

Hi Debbie,
How is this DVD chaptered? I know the 10 min sections would be chaptered, but the longer workout-did they chapter that into sections, or is it just one long workout?
Thanks,
Kathy

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

Old 05-10-02, 11:59 AM  
lsberg
VF Supporter

Cathe is amazing, as usual

Just in case anyone was thinking of chapter mapping the Cathe DVDs - she already did! All the information is in the catalog I received with the purchase. So you can look and see that IMax Interval #4 is 2.6, for example, or the hi/lo in MIC is 3.3. I love it because I can see immediately how to get just the Upper Body in Power Hour or just the Lower Body (squats is 1.4 and lunges is 1.9).

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case someone else hadn't noticed this. I hope someone else hadn't noticed, or else I'm going to have to feel pretty silly for only noticing myself because of this thread!! The same information is on her web site.

Lindsay
lsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-02, 12:11 PM  
Debbie57
VF Supporter

Smile Hi Kathy

The Tamilee DVD: The stretch for beginners is divided into 3 and the Stretch for flexibility is only divided into Intro (that you can skip) and the flexibility workout. Also there is a audio setup (that I haven't tried yet) that you can have music only option, 2.0 dolby and 5.1 dolby digital, then a section on questions and answers and credits that I haven't looked at yet!!!! Hope this helps - Debbie
Debbie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-02, 12:25 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

thanks, Debbie

Yes, that does help!
Kathy

- Reggie Leach

Old 05-10-02, 03:11 PM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Re: quick fix...

Quote:
Originally posted by kathy weller
hmmm. ...My one reservation is it doesn't seem very intense at all. Please tell me I am wrong. Can you add weights to the leg work? Would the legs move too fast to use weights? What intesity would you rate the arms and legs work?
Too many questions? :rolleyes:
Kathy
Kathy--
Well, you're not really wrong. It isn't super-intense, especially not in its 10-minute increments. But if I do any of the 30 minute workouts for one body part, I feel it the next day. You *could* add leg weights to the floor work, I suppose; Minna's "Leg Blast" has floor work that would accomodate ankle weights. But most of the other leg exercises are standing ones which, IMO, are best intensified by adding extra sets--but then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a "Quick Fix," doesn't it???:rolleyes:
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being very easy and 10 being exhausting, I'd rate the arms & legs work at about a 5, the buns workouts at about a 4, and the abs at 6. I can do the 10 minute Arms only chapter with 8 pound weights, but can only use 5 for the arms/legs combo chapter--but that's probably mostly due to the fact that I tend to get sloppy with combination exercises (i.e., lunges & biceps curls simultaneously).
Anyway, this one worked out especially well for me after I had my baby. I was very tired, pressed for time and flabby. Having the option to do a 10 minute workout was a blessing for me both physically and psychologically. But even now that I have a little more time & have regained most of my pre-pregnancy strength, I still use the ab sections almost every day, and often tack some of the other "parts" onto the end of my cardio workouts. And I sometimes create a 30 minute workout on days when I'm a little tired but still feel like I need to do some kind of strength work.
Old 05-10-02, 03:49 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Quick Fix

Christine,
THANK YOU for the excellent breakdown. That is very descriptive; just what I needed to know. I think what you said about it being just right - physically AND psychologically-having the workouts broken in to 10 min increments-is so true, for me, too. This might be just the thing to help me if I'm having a low-motivation day.
Thanks,
Kathy

- Reggie Leach