Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-19, 02:23 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Awesome. I am very pleased with it. And I love the band. Tell us about it on Tuesday when you get it)

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 04:47 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I just wanted to let everybody know the Fitbit Versa 2 is the Today's Special on HSN. It is !69.99 or so with an extra band, flexpay & extra protection option. I have the original Fitbit Versa, & I love it. I don't keep my phone on all the time, so my battery lasts about 4 days (I hear the Versa 2's battery lasts longer.) When you play music with it, the battery doesn't last as long. That is my favorite feature on it. I use it with Deezer (I have a fe of my playlists on it), plus I have some other music cassettes I downloaded on my computer stored on it

As far as accuracy goes, YMMV, but I think it does okay, but it does count my arm motions on Mondays when I sort tags.

Also, I get notifications from Google about certain news topics, & I have been getting bits about people thinking Fitbit should be sold to a company that has more going on than just fitness trackers, because they can't beat Apple in the smart watch sector. I don't know what might happen; I wouldn't be happy if I had to replace my Versa with a Garmin or Samsung.

I just want to give as much information out as I can on stuff so people can make an informed decision.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 06:00 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Awesome. I am very pleased with it. And I love the band. Tell us about it on Tuesday when you get it)
LOL - I don't have Prime (I would shop too much if I did!) so I won't get it until later this week or early next week. But I'm so looking forward to it!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 06:29 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
or this one was suggested to me
I didn't like that one because the numbers were too small, and it just works odly to me.

HERE YA GO.

A
[/QUOTE]

That watch looks great! If I did not already have a fitness watch I would consider that one.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 06:59 AM  
Cher

I still think I’m leaning towards the Fitbit Charge 3 (if I buy a new one) since I can get $50 off and free shipping. I do a couple different Fitbit challenges with friends so I want to stick with Fitbit. Although, Cheryl, the one you have does look pretty good for the money.

Those of you that have the Fitbit, how accurate are the wrist ones? I’m so used to wearing my One on my waistband or bra and it seems pretty accurate. I really don’t want to get steps just from moving my arm. Also, which arm do you wear it on? Does it make a difference? I know I’m weird but I’m right handed but always wear my watch on my right hand too.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 10:35 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
LOL - I don't have Prime (I would shop too much if I did!) so I won't get it until later this week or early next week. But I'm so looking forward to it!

Diane
lol. I'm on a no buy week. Amazon is more than 30% on my spending pie. I have to cut back. I'm trying, but that darn prime.. Bites

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 11:40 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Those of you that have the Fitbit, how accurate are the wrist ones? I’m so used to wearing my One on my waistband or bra and it seems pretty accurate. I really don’t want to get steps just from moving my arm. Also, which arm do you wear it on? Does it make a difference? I know I’m weird but I’m right handed but always wear my watch on my right hand too.
I had an Alta a few years ago. I found that it was not as accurate as my One or Zip when it came to counting steps. I did wear it on my non-dominate hand. Depending on my arm movements, it would either underestimate or overestimate my steps. For example, when pushing a shopping cart in a store, it tended to underestimate my steps if I pushed the cart with both hands. If I made an effort to push with just my right hand and let my left hand move naturally as I walked, it was more accurate. On the other hand, I went to a baseball game with my DD not long after I had gotten it and I got about 300 steps in about 10 seconds without ever moving my feet. I was clapping and ringing a cowbell. I want my steps to be accurate so I prefer a clip-on.

IIRC, Fitbit does ask you when you set it up which hand is your dominant hand and which hand you will be wearing it on. But since I wore it on my non-dominant hand I don't know if wearing it on your dominant hand makes a difference or not. It might, depending on what you're doing and how sensitive they are now in regards to recording arm movements, but I can't say for sure.

It also went crazy when it came to recording sleep. I would be extremely busy and getting lots of steps within a specific time frame and it would record that I took a 2 hour nap or slept for 17 hours at night.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 08:58 PM  
Cher

Thanks Sissy. Hmmm, I guess more for me to think about.

Anyone else have any info about how the Charge step count is?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-19, 05:56 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
lol. I'm on a no buy week. Amazon is more than 30% on my spending pie. I have to cut back. I'm trying, but that darn prime.. Bites
See, you understand! I have a hard enough time restraining myself reading this forum - I'm a vidiot through and through!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-19, 03:22 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Aren't there some "wrist" Fitbits that you can get different holders for that aren't your wrist? I want to say there are necklaces, but I doubt those would be accurate if they're swinging around.

Stationary devices like the One are the most accurate. I think it was stupid of Fitbit to discontinue it. It would be nice if someone else would pick up the ball & come out with something similar, but I guess they figure if someone wants to go no frills they should just get a pedometer because of the popularity of cell phones.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit bit, fitbit, fitbit charge, fitbit versa