Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-19, 10:44 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I bought the Cathe Live PHA workouts, 2 metabolic workouts and the stability ball strength workouts. They are all in the 45 minute range because I won't do 60 minute workouts. I used the 30% off coupon code.

We're headed down to the Charleston Museum and then will take our friends to dinner.

Today's workout: Jessica Smith Walk On 6 Mile Mix Upper Body (resistance bands).

Daughter Kathleen thought her interview went well, but she's thought that before and hasn't been called back. :/
Old 09-26-19, 08:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm prepping for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Ick. I'll be back tomorrow after it's over.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 06:09 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
[B]

I realized the other day how much I'm not taking advantage of my OnDemand membership which includes Cathe's recorded live database of which she has a lot - 266 total. She started recording these back May 2014. It's a very impressive database. Unfortunately they don't provide for chromecasting so I have to watch them on my tablet. Now her loaded dvd workouts allow me to cast so I can watch those on my exercise tv. It's a small inconvenience though having to watch it on my tablet. I get a lot of bang for my $20 bucks a month with her. Will probably never purchase another one of her series again but will just wait for it to pop up OnDemand.
Hey Ladies!!! Just flying by and reading some of VF. Love to stop into old checkins and see what's doing. .. .

Deb: I use a cord to stream my Ipad to the tv. (Even though I have chromecast). Some of my demand stuff works better that way and there's not nearly that much buffering. I use this. Might be something to think of if you are going to keep Cathe on Demand. (and not a lot of $$) And if it's an android tablet, I'm sure there's something compatible as well. BTW -- what is INSPIRE?

Well ... Golly Gumdrops as Lord Grantham would say! It's no longer available. But I'm sure there are cords out there to do the trick. . . Sorry .... One last edit to add:

I did a search on Amazon for the following and found plenty of cords: cable to project tablet to tv
Hope this helps. . .

Still participating in Peloton Power Zone Challenges.
Waves to all
Back to lurkdom
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 07:51 AM  
Sissy B

Cleda - It’s great to see you! The Inspire is one of Fitbit’s new trackers and it gives you the option to wear it either as a wrist tracker or a clip-on.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 08:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Got it

Thanks so much Sissy!!!

I dont' read much on fitbit.
I still have the ONE and I'm not moving on until they all (4 of them?) die or the software wont' work with it.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-19, 05:54 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

In the past few days, I've done Jessica Smith 6 Mile Mix Upper Body, Lower Body and WS2 Balance and Agility (all resistance bands). We're in Atlanta staying with my BIL and his wife. I walked in his neighborhood today. So far I have about 8,200 steps today.

I made airbnb reservations for Michael's graduation weekend in May. Reasonably price properties are almost gone!

On Monday we'll be staying in an airbnb that adjoins the Battle of Stones River battleground in Murphrysboro, TN. We'll be touring the battlefield on Tuesday. My GG-Grandfather was wounded at that battle. I'm getting ready to research if any other ancestors were there.
Old 09-29-19, 06:04 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 9/26 - Park walk 58 min/3.12 miles/6293 steps
Friday 9/27 - Park walk 40 min/2.13 miles/4285 steps
Saturday 9/28 - Park walk 58 min/3.17 miles/6298 steps

It's been cool enough in the mornings for me to get in some outdoor walking and I love it! It feels so good out. I'm even picking up my pace some and shaving minutes off my miles. The heat is back during the day but if I can get out at the crack of dawn it feels good out. The step count is what my phone records during my walk. Figured I'd post them since they're there.

Well Howdy Doody Cleda!!!! It has been a while. Nice to know you're still around and lurking. Thanks for the tip. I'll check on that accessory soon.

Leslie, your trip sounds very interesting. Seems like you're learning a lot of history. Glad to see you take advantage of Cathe's download sale. I'm still enjoying her OnDemand so will stick with it for a while.

Chrys, hope the colonoscopy went well.

Happy Sunday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 04:30 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today I got out and walked the hills in BIL's neighborhood, then did Jessica Smith WS2 Build Balance and Inner Strength Core Control.

So far I have 10,050 steps for the day. 8,033 yesterday.

My laptop Fitbit app says I need to update the software. Everytime I try, the update fails. The zip is still syncing with the laptop dongle and my phone (knock on wood!)
Old 09-30-19, 07:59 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 9/29 - Cathe Gym Style Chest & Triceps; Slim & Limber

Ouch! Cathe, ouch! Man oh man, does she slay me in this series. She just does weird timing with the reps and I have to go so much lighter than normal. I love it though and don't have any DOMS so my muscles must be active. Haven't done this series in a while so it was nice to revisit it after so long. That's one of the things I like about her OnDemand, I have access to her rotations every month and all the rotations going back to 2009. It's a one of the many perks that make paying for OnDemand worth it. She had Gym Styles in the September rotation so I decided to give it a go. Nice to change things up once in a while.

Leslie, glad your Zip is hanging in there for now. I just think they're slowly trying to phase them out to force people to purchase something else.

I bowl today, then head to the laundromat to wash some blankets and comforters that are too large for my 20 year old top loading washer. Wish it would die so I can upgrade but it keeps on working and meets DH and my needs. It is old and makes a racket when it spins. But I don't believe in replacing something that is still working.

We're in the 90s today and tomorrow with fall hopefully arriving by Wednesday. Can't believe Montana's record snowfall yesterday. Wow!

Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 09-30-19, 06:45 PM  
dbclark44

Today - TM 46 min/2.15 miles

Just got off the tm. Wanted to log my last check-in for the month. I'm on track with my 60 day challenge at 27/60 today. Something every day for 60 days. Today was another one of those days if I wasn't in it, I wouldn't have done anything.

Sissy, did you want me to start the new check-in for October? Normally you have it up by now.

Chat with you all next month!

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers