Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-15, 10:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did the 108 day rotation when the program first came out! It was challenging, but your body will gradually get accustomed to the workouts. You get better, as you go along gaining flexibility, strength, stamina, etc. because you're consistent and the longer length of workouts does help you to achieve quicker results. That might be going deeper in the poses, the next time you repeat the workout or just being able to keep up the pace. I really enjoyed it!

I don't think I added much else to the program but occasional walking, when I could do so.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 10:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I lasted exactly one day on the UY rotation. It was just too hard for me.

Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 01:26 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I completed the program a few years ago and loved it! I dabbled in yoga before that but had never had a regular practice. I combined it with daily dog walking (I got a new puppy a few months before starting this) and lost about 5lbs (I wasn't trying to lose any weight). The biggest gains were more restful sleep and arm definition.
Old 08-01-15, 01:51 PM  
laurajhawk

I completed it when it first came out. I only added dog walks and some live yoga classes (sometimes I'd count a live power yoga class as substitute for the day's UY workout, sometimes I'd do both). I felt great, slept better, didn't lose any strength, and lost about 4 pounds (didn't change my eating very much but did do two of the three 3-day diets in the program).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-15, 07:38 AM  
Lilypad

Thank you all for your responses. I'm due to receive the set tomorrow and I can't wait to start.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 04:56 AM  
Cher

Lilypad - Are you still doing the UY rotation? Just wondering how it's going (or went). I've had UY for a long time and never did more than a couple of the workouts. Thinking of trying the rotation.....started yesterday! Not sure how long I'll last since I'm not not very good with rotations...I start getting bored.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 06:58 AM  
Lulu Belle

I'm not Lilypad, but I have been doing Ultimate Yogi. Today I'm on day 37. There have been a few days so far where I was not able to get an exercise in, so I have just continued where I left off. I also substituted a few days doing some Kundalini yoga or Eoin Finn. I have been giving myself permission to do some other type of yoga If I really didn't want to do a particular practice.

I am getting stronger, way more flexible, and I hope more peaceful. I still am not a calm, mellow yogi, but I'm working on it.

I have never done this much yoga at one time, so this is big for me!
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 07:30 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I lasted exactly one day on the UY rotation. It was just too hard for me.

Hear ya! I wasn't committed to doing the full 108 days but thought I'd dabble for a week. That first workout laid me out.

Don't you hate it when Workout #1 in a rotation kills your enthusiasm for the rest of the program? Happened with me with Supreme 90 and P90X too: S90 had an impossibly fast chest/back workout, and Day 1 of P90X was pushup/pullup mania.
Old 09-22-15, 07:41 AM  
Lilypad

I did UY 4 weeks everyday. I loved it and I still do 3 of the workouts a week. I rotate them in order of the rotation. My favorites are Crosstrain, Strength, and Cardio. The rest are AWESOME too but those are my favorites. I found it really hard to find that 1 hour plus just to do it so that's why I stopped doing it everyday. In my current situation it's difficult for me to find that 1 hour of uninterrupted time to practice. One day I will have time to do as I please until then I'll just keep doing what I can. Thanks for asking!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 09:20 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
....... I found it really hard to find that 1 hour plus just to do it so that's why I stopped doing it everyday. In my current situation it's difficult for me to find that 1 hour of uninterrupted time to practice. ........
I would absolutely love it (pay double!) if he would do UY2 and make it all half hour practices.You can find short yoga practices but an entire well thought out program/rotation from an excellent teacher who can cue would be a dream

Tags
ultimate yogi, ultimate yogi results