Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-14, 08:41 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Did you guys guess that Travis and Lauren are in a relationship? DH saw a photo of them together where he was holding her in a way that wasn't just friendly and sent it to me saying "Is she his wife or what?" and after searching a bit, I found an interview with Travis where he said he is in a "very special relationship with Lauren Eckstrom". It wasn't a surprise to me, though.
I suspected that for a long time, then saw someplace where they talked about their relationship, maybe at Valentine's Day this year.

LoveVA, I love your husband That is just SO funny.

I feel there must have been some sort of falling-out or creative differences between Travis and Yariv of Udaya. I am sad about it.

Here I have to brag that Travis is coming back to my tiny home studio (not at MY home, I mean the one I practice at) for the third year in a row, this August. Colorado/Wyoming VFers, PM me for details.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 12:24 PM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
OMG, so funny!! I'm so glad my husband isn't the only, um, joker!!!!
I wonder if Travis knows the effect he has on husbands! LOL!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 12:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Laura, I'll be right over, LOL!!

Exercise Diva, I know, right? I was thinking that too...but I was also thinking I'd bet Travis would get a kick out of it!

And I think it's great Lauren and Travis are together! Hope they have many happy times to come
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 12:44 PM  
Sissy B

I haven't introduced DH to Travis yet. Should be interesting based on all of your experiences.

I will say though that I have to agree that Travis has ruined me for any other yoga DVDs right now, even ones I loved (Eoin Finn) prior to discovering Travis' workouts.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 01:38 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I initially felt fairly ruined for other yoga after first acquiring UY, but over time I have gone back to Steve Ross Inhale, which I still love, and I also gave Buti a shot and I like that as well. And then of course there was YW 365. These are all fairly different, so it's not as though you will like these other if you like UY, but I guess I wanted to give encouragement to the OP that you may eventually go back to yoga you enjoyed previously or you may take a second look at something and decide you like it at some point in the future.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 02:03 PM  
Tracyso2

I've always Ben intrigued by the sound of Steve Ross...where can I find his workouts? Anyone know?
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 02:23 PM  
sherry7899

If you search you tube under "Steve Ross Inhale" a few of his tv shows come up.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 02:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
If you like Travis, you'll probably like Bryan Kest, unless you don't like cursing.

If you like Travis, you'll probably like Eoin Finn, unless you don't like a surfer-dude vibe.

If you like Travis, you'll probably like Rudy Mettia, unless you like your vinyasa more intense than Rudy's.

If you like Travis, you'll probably like Vytas, unless you like your vinyasa less intense than Vytas's. (I think. I've only done a couple of Vytas practices so far.)
Love Travis!
Love Eoin!!
Love Rudy!
Now I need to try Vytas!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 05:25 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyq View Post
I agree with:

Travis! He set the standard for me, I did 3 rotations of UY of varying lengths. It took a long time, but, after I got over the fact that there is only one Travis, I started to really enjoy MYO, Udaya and others. I realized that there are many wonderful instructors and yoga classes out there. I would love for him to do another series and find it a little odd that he isn't actively involved with Udaya as I feel that he is the one that started it all.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Husbands must love mimicking Travis. My husband will go as far as putting on his cargo shorts to do his Travis impression. He then walks around me slowly, barefoot, as I'm doing UY.
Too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I haven't introduced DH to Travis yet. Should be interesting based on all of your experiences.
I will say though that I have to agree that Travis has ruined me for any other yoga DVDs right now, even ones I loved (Eoin Finn) prior to discovering Travis' workouts.
I know!! Eoin's workouts are gathering dust at my house! Never thought THAT would happen! I am loving Rudy right now...I need to do more Vytas practices to form an opinion. However, Travis is still my main yogi!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deepen your practice, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga foundations