Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-14, 02:47 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Wow, that sounds like great lot of tapes you got on eBay. I
keep scouring the site for old CIAs and never have any luck.

Cardio Parties and Andre's Advanced Step are both outstanding workouts. Interesting choreography but not overly complicated, and seem to have stood the test of time.

What else did you get in that lot?
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 04:17 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Wow, that sounds like great lot of tapes you got on eBay. I
keep scouring the site for old CIAs and never have any luck.

Cardio Parties and Andre's Advanced Step are both outstanding workouts. Interesting choreography but not overly complicated, and seem to have stood the test of time.

What else did you get in that lot?
The Stepping Zone/Christi Taylor (Step Aerobics with Abdominal Workout)
CIA 7002/Christi Taylor (120 minutes; Hi/Lo, Step, and Slide & Pump)
CIA 2K06/Donna Read (90 minutes; Step Aerobics and Body Conditioning)
CIA 9701/Donna Read (58 minutes; Step Aerobics)
CIA 9808/Sherry Catlin (100 minutes; hi/lo and step)
CIA 9804 Dawn Pappas, Joan Pitt, Lori Saitta (120 minutes; Step Aerobics with 3 instructors)
CIA 9908/Jennifer Mills Palmer: (115 minutes; hi/lo and step)
CIA 9901/Andre Houle (120 minutes; Step, Low and Tone)
CIA 8005/Denise Tucker (75 minutes; Step and Conditioning)
CIA 9905/Franny Benedetto (120 minutes total; hi/lo and step)
CIA 2K05/Franny Benedetto (115 minutes; hi/lo and step)
The Firm: Firm Parts 5-Day Abs (Five 6-9 minute abdominal workouts)
Breakthru Cardio Step/Michelle Dozois and Tracy York (52 minutes)

It was all one lot. And I totally did not just type all that out. I copy & pasted the listing when I bought it so that I could make sure everything came that was listed.

I think I have managed to convert everything to dvd (not chaptered though) except the firm because they copyright their VHS & I have 5 day abs on dvd already. And I didn't bother copying the Christi Taylors because her VHS are released on Humble Beginnings & Terrific Trio should I want them.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 04:45 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The Grind workouts from MTV w/Eric Nies were my favorites I always hoped they would put them on DVD, but I guess I'll just have to convert my VHS tapes myself.
Old 03-16-14, 05:01 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Oh, I forgot Jay's Precision Cycling. I really like this one. It might be on DVD.
Sadly this one didn't make it to DVD. I read so many great reviews about it so a while back I emailed Jay and he told me it was a favourite of his but he didn't have the rights to it. He steered me to his new one.

I'm missing a few faves, G-Force, Body Pump, Jane Fonda step workouts, Denise Austin Totally Firm, Keli Roberts two Step tapes (without Cher) some Stacy Benson, Donna Read some with Helen V and many others.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 06:11 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
Cathe's Wedding workout video. I can't remember the exact title. I thought it was something like How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding or something. This workout first introduced me to lifting weights. I wish she would put it on a download or DVD.

Lisa
Yes! I miss Cathe's Wedding workout. It was a nice cardio/strength split.
Old 03-16-14, 06:18 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Does anyone remember Tony Little's Body Express series? I loved those and did them all the time! I really found the little countdown timer motivating, and these were short but sweet. I wonder what I did with them, I can't find them anywhere.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 06:42 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

How could I have forgotten Andre Houle?? That's another one I kept on VHS despite not having a player. LOVED Step Low and Tone. CIA 9901. AWESOME workout. So fun! Andre was just so likeable in that one.

And Denise's Hit the Spot series! --I don't care for Denise's modern offerings but I liked her old stuff, she had some solid workouts.

On edit, who remembers Franny Benedetto's Boston Marathon?
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 07:15 PM  
marya

...and then, for kundalini yoga fans, there are about 10-15 pre-Ana Ravi Singh workouts available only on VHS. I know some of this material has been incorporated into Raviana workouts, but not everything. Not (so far as I know) the KY workout specifically for seniors that especially interests me!

Another good VHS workout that I believe never made it to DVD was the first Carlos and Debbie NIA release--can't recall the exact title. I've looked at more recent NIAs, but this one seemed to me better instructed, better cued, and just easier to follow in general. The outfits were a scream, though.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 07:29 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
The Grind workouts from MTV w/Eric Nies were my favorites I always hoped they would put them on DVD, but I guess I'll just have to convert my VHS tapes myself.
I used to love those! They're on YouTube if you search.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 07:30 PM  
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Another good VHS workout that I believe never made it to DVD was the first Carlos and Debbie NIA release--can't recall the exact title. I've looked at more recent NIAs, but this one seemed to me better instructed, better cued, and just easier to follow in general. The outfits were a scream, though.
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Non-I...mpact+aerobics

There was a book by the same name. I love that NIA used to stand for non-impact aerobics. I can never remember what it stands for now.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric nies, hit the spot, of steel, oldies but goodies, seasonal disorder, vf hall of fame, vintage workouts