Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-14, 12:49 PM  
muddjeansgal

Jay Blahnik's step videos.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 01:07 PM  
marya

From Denise Austin's Hit the Spot series: Arms and Bust; Abs; Buns; Thighs. Each tape featured 3 targeted toning workouts (beginning, intermediate, and advanced). Another tape in this series titled Easy Toning was actually 3 stretch workouts.

The beginning and intermediate segments of Abs, Buns, and Thighs are actually available on DVD (appropriately titled Tone and Tighten Abs, Buns, and Thighs). But of course I want EVERY ONE of these 10-minute gems on DVD, including Easy Toning--and it would be heaven to have on the same DVD Denise's Xtra Light Beginner Aerobics.

I used to do these workouts in the winter. They were filmed outdoors in a sunny tropical location, and the virtual sun and Denise's perkiness were effective antidotes to seasonal affective disorder.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 01:09 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

There are some Firm videos that I still have that I need to convert. I agree about the Cory Everson and Kari Anderson videos, too. There are also CIA videos that were great. I have a huge box of videos that I need to convert to DVD. I bought an extra VCR because I wanted to make sure that I have a player for them.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 01:12 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

I think I might have the Minna dvd you are looking for. I will check when I get home and if I can find it, it's yours.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 01:36 PM  
Mandy

Gay Gasper's CIA 2104 The Greatest STep workout plus Perfect Body Conditioning. This is such a great step workout and then a strength workout using dumbbells, step, stability ball, tubing. I even emailed Greg Twombly asking him to put it on DVD. IT has great music too. IT does not look dated at all. I have the vhs and had it put on DVD because it is that "great"!!

I also love Gay Gasper's CIA 2K01 2 JAmmin workouts ...my favorite is the workout 2 Step n STrike. A little bit of step that is so much fun! and then kickboxing. Gay has amazing kickboxing form!

Andre Houle Advanced step..CIA 9901. What a shame that wasn't put on DVD. I got it put on DVD since its out of print VHS.

And I will never ever forget the famous G-Force with Rob Glick, Patrick Goudeau and Darrin Grove. I love Super Step and Ultimate Step and Cardio Combo. I still keep a vhs so I can use these great workouts.

Tae Bo live advanced 1-12....amazing!!! out of print VHS. I remember them going for over $50 on ebay.
Old 03-16-14, 01:58 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
The Tae Bo Lives. Such a shame they didn't make it to DVD. I still have a few of them.
I still have them on VHS in a box in my closet because I'm a big dork!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 02:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Wow! I didn't realize people still used some of these. Cory's Get Hard Series, Linda Evans, Gilad's Arms of Steel, and a few others that have been mentioned have been sitting on the deck through several snow storms waiting to go the county landfill. I'm not sure what all's out there.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 02:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Jay Blahnik's step videos.
Oh, I forgot Jay's Precision Cycling. I really like this one. It might be on DVD.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 02:17 PM  
lisa122

Cathe's Wedding workout video. I can't remember the exact title. I thought it was something like How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding or something. This workout first introduced me to lifting weights. I wish she would put it on a download or DVD.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 02:24 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

While perusing some older VF posts about favorite step workouts, I stumbled upon many mentions of Kristin Kagen's Step This Way. So of course I went to amazon and bought the VHS tape. I immediately transferred it to DVD (and chaptered it) to make it easier to learn and play. Lo and behold, it is now one of my favorite step videos (the rest are all Cathe). I then purchased Step This Way 2 on DVD but have yet to learn it. I can't believe the first Step This Way was never released on DVD.

A 2013 thread where it gets some mentions:
Share your retro gems! Those older, not so known workouts!

An 2004 thread where it makes people's hall of fame:
STEP/Step Interval - Your vote for Hall of Fame Step Workout

For anyone interested, I posted a review here in the review section to prove it stands the test of time.

I ended up selling my Step This Way VHS on ebay to someone overseas. Now I'm thinking I better make copies of the DVD I made in case something happens to it. (I hope nobody judges me for keeping my homemade dvd and reselling the VHS.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Andre Houle Advanced step..CIA 9901. What a shame that wasn't put on DVD. I got it put on DVD since its out of print VHS.
This one came in a lot of CIA VHS I bought on ebay, but I've yet to try it.

Franny Benedetto's Cardio Parties (CIA 2K05) came in the same lot and I've yet to try it as well. Franny's CIA 2202 made it onto the CIA 2200 Series compilation DVD, but Cardio Parties seems to have better music and backgrounders.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric nies, hit the spot, of steel, oldies but goodies, seasonal disorder, vf hall of fame, vintage workouts