Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-06, 10:24 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome Monstermunch!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 10:36 PM  
PrettyVacant

Just noticed this thread

I found VF while looking for actual people who do fitness videos, to see actual thoughts about the DVDs I wanted to try. You all seemed knowledgeable about them, so I figued "what the heck, I should just ask my questions directly", and well, here I am. Lookin forward to getting back in shape!
PrettyVacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 10:47 PM  
ooty

Welcome Jura, Monstermunch and Prettyvacant.
Old 01-21-06, 10:52 PM  
ferretgrl6

Talking

Hi all! I joined a few days ago, and I guess now's as good a time as any to de-lurk myself too!

My first exercise video was Cher's step video back in the early 90's (still bring it out now and again for kicks!), then it was on to the Firm Vol 1. I stayed with the Firm for many years, with a bit of Gilad thrown in here and there. I so much prefer working out at home where I can yell at the instructors for their merciless torture without offending anyone!

Might I just say you all are bad for the pocketbook! Since I found this site a few weeks ago, I have purchased ALL the Turbo Jams and several of Leslie Sansone's DVDs!!!

~karen~
ferretgrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 12:16 AM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome PrettyVacant and Karen! LOL Karen, my pocketbook manages to find its way out of hiding when I'm on the VF forum!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 07:25 AM  
mabyrd1

Hi everybody I have been reading and trading for a couple of weeks. I guess I need to tell you about myself. I have 2 boys ages 8 and 3 and 1 husband that i have been marred to for 14 years. I just turned 33 on January the 19th. After having 2 children I weight about 245, I have been doing videos and watching what I eat since about january of 2003. Now I am down to about 165 but the best thing is I went from a size 22/24 toa size 8/10!! Also I was invited to be on the firm tv ad but I couldn't go because they changed the location from sc to new york!! I am a stay at home mom and love it!! I live in South Carolina!!I do LOVE reading everybody addvice and what videos they like. My fav vidoes are Firm(all), Cathe, and Turbo Jam!!

Thanks

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 07:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

PrettyVacant - Saw you in the other thread, but welcome to VF officially.

Karen - Yeah, we all are pretty even-handed enablers. We get lured by others and then turn around and return the favor. This board led me to memorize my credit card number! Bad move...

Jeannie - How inspiring. Your story is great. I hope VF helps you maintain those loses and find new fun stuff to do!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 10:33 AM  
new2me

Hi to PrettyVacant, Karen and Jeannie! Welcome.

Jeannie, congratulations on your wonderful progress!

PrettyVacant, with all the enabling here I'm sure you'll find plenty to help you reach your goals!

Karen, I've done my share of conversing with the video instructors myself, lol.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 02:10 PM  
mabyrd1

Thanks for the wonderful welcome!! Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 03:10 PM  
ooty

Hai Jeannie,
Welcome! And what an inspiring story. Well done! Keep it up! Also edit your post for one spelling error

Ooty

Welcome Karen..just saw your post

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread