Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-14, 08:12 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Penny - Welcome to VF. Feel free to jump in wherever you want. Good luck with the workout videos and finding a rhythm in using them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 08:20 AM  
PennyK

Thanks Laura!!!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 09:12 AM  
TinierTina

This intro is probably my fourth EVER post here. I have lurked this site for years and did not have the time or inclination to follow up and actually get on here.

I do a lot of working out at home. Not all via tech media.
I own almost as many instructional audio cassettes as I do DVDs. Not as many as 4 dozen each group. I think I'd either lost my Debi and Carlos Rosas N.I.A. tape, somehow; or gave it lovingly away.

In my entire life I've owned 3 VHS tapes. Two of them had been Judi Sheppard Missett Jazzercise, and one was a tough Kathy Smith one (The Ultimate Video Workout). Lived sans video recorder for decades. Why am I here?

Because I cardio dance, and do not afford many classes.

But I'd done yoga regularly (starting at age 52) for just over 7 years (though it could have been longer by about a half-year, but I'd gotten a little too mad) ...

Now, I am just a mad cardio belly/bhangra fusion dancer ...
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 09:19 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
In my entire life I've owned 3 VHS tapes. Two of them had been Judi Sheppard Missett Jazzercise, and one was a tough Kathy Smith one (The Ultimate Video Workout). Lived sans video recorder for decades. Why am I here?
Great to hear from you, Tina! To me, VF is more about the F than the V.

In other words, you don't have to work out via VHS, Beta, DVD or Blu-Ray to be here.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 11:00 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Tina - Welcome to VF. Like Julie, I've found a lot of people around here. There is a contingent of people who solely work out at the gym, but who like to talk fitness here. All are welcome! Hopefully, you'll find more places to post as time goes by.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 09:14 AM  
PittyPat

Hiya! I’ve decided to be brave and stop lurking. I’m 58 years old and didn’t take my health seriously until 2006. I started walking and didn’t feel much better and didn’t lose any weight until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got on CPAP. Walking changed my life and my DH and I made it our priority, even when we moved from the Midwest to the NE. Then we bought a house and everything changed for the worse. DH stopped walking and started Nordic Tracking due to some leg problems and time constraints. I hate walking alone, and I don’t really feel safe walking in our new area. Google led me to Video Fitness forum, and I’ve lurked and learned (and spent too much money) ever since. So thank you all and hello!

Cathy
PittyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 09:46 AM  
PennyK

Hi Cathy!!! Being new myself i am happy to see another new poster!!! Jump on in!!!

I love walking too and my husband walks with me or is on the treadmill or weight bench while i'm using my videos!!!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 05:10 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

I'm ba-a-a-a-ck! Wow. It's been years since I showed up at VF. And a lot of water under the bridge. New home(s). New spouse! And now--a new commitment (I hope) to video fitness.

These days, I have a small space, and not much equipment. I mostly want to recover the nice arms in the photo I've been using as an avatar.

I went shopping at Collage, and picked out two workouts by Ellen Barrett--someone I haven't met before. The workouts are short (30 and 45 min), barefoot, with light weights. Great reviews. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wendy, thanks for keeping the door open at VF.
Old 09-21-14, 05:16 PM  
sherry7899

Barb! Welcome back. I am very glad to see you.

Welcome to the new members!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 05:35 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome back to the old and the new.

I don't come around here much these days, but I really am trying to pick it back up.

Hope to see you all on the boards.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread