Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-16, 03:15 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
what is KBKB and who is the instructor? thanks.
Kettlebell Kickboxing. There are several different sets Dasha Liban (not sure of the spelling) is her name.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 05:53 AM  
ncl

Just curious what dance cardio you are using. I am always looking for new dance cardio options.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 07:13 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
One more thing, I follow her Intermediate rotation and tack on additional cardio. I use Scorcher right now. But, I've bought everything except Scorcher 2.0 and Co-ed because I'm obsessed! Please keep us posted.
I'm doing her Bikini Challenge from last year I think. Do you tack on additional cardio every day? Is it immediately after every workout or later in the day? How long for each cardio and what is the intensity? I'm just looking to get stronger, add more more definition, and increase my endurance a little.

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 07:47 AM  
flamingoo

Can I ask what body type you are? I've always wanted to try kettlebells but am afraid they will bulk me( yup typical pear here)
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 08:29 AM  
sophiesmom

I know this isn't really a KBKX thread but I really like the Lean series and I have the Body Series --recommended by Christine--on the way!

Holli you enabler!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 10:31 AM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm doing her Bikini Challenge from last year I think. Do you tack on additional cardio every day? Is it immediately after every workout or later in the day? How long for each cardio and what is the intensity? I'm just looking to get stronger, add more more definition, and increase my endurance a little.

Thanks!
Hey Bubbles,

Could you post a link to her Bikini Challenge, I've looked for it but have not been able to find it.

Thanks!!
Old 03-14-16, 01:13 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
thankyou for getting it. I was afraid I was making absolutely no sense.
I'm excited hearing your progress! KB's are something I can experiment as long as I go light, so I love hearing this! Congratulations!!
I think this is exactly what happened! Thank you for helping me figure it out! At one point during the workout, I got this feeling in my legs like you get when you've done a particularly grueling leg workout that you're not used to. The difference is that I've been kb'ing for 5 weeks. So, I didn't expect to feel that way. I did read that Yin Yoga (and foam rolling to some extent) help to release lactic acid. But, I guess my body just wants it in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Aren't rest days supposed to be actual days of rest? That's the way I've always interpreted them. Sure, sometimes I do an easier than usual workout, but I don't count that as an actual rest day.

Yin yoga may not seem like much, but it is working your body. In a different way, but it's work.
You're right! I probably should take a complete rest day. But, I've had so much energy lately that I've wanted to do something everyday. So, I "compromised" by either taking a long walk or, as I did on Saturday, doing Yin Yoga. It's so hard to rest. And, it feels good to be active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
what is KBKB and who is the instructor? thanks.
Kettlebell Kickboxing by Dasha Libin. VFers have been on to this workout for some time and I ignored all of the posts and am SO bummed I did. It's been great for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It might be that you're running low on glycogen and need to eat a little something before your kettlebell workouts.
I thought about that. But, I had a yogurt about 30-45 min before. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Just curious what dance cardio you are using. I am always looking for new dance cardio options.
I actually take DC classes locally. There are some amazing former dancers/cheerleaders for our NBA team who have GREAT classes! I just read that Katya Price who is based in NYC offers live streaming classes for FREE on Saturdays through Periscope. You don't need the app if you watch on your laptop. The links stay live for 24 hours. I wish I could take her live classes. But, I'm not in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post

Thanks!
I heard the Bikini Challenge is really effective! I haven't tried it. But, I want to at some point. Basically, I do KBKB on S/M/T/Th (Power/Diversity/Longevity/Diversity) I add cardio each day and do just cardio on W/F via DC. Since I like to become a sweaty mess one time a day, I stack the workouts. So, I used to do the cardio before to get me ready for KBKB. But, I just started doing cardio after KBKB. As for time limit, I try to get in about 70-75 min each day (I'm not entirely sure that's necessary to see results with KBKB and Dasha says her program is all you need. But, I didn't believe her claims and added my cardio and have just continued to do so). Power is about 35 min so I'll tack on about 30-35 min of cardio. Some days, if I don't do DC, I'll do Tabata or HIIT or one of the kb workouts by Body by Amy on YT. But, mostly, I go for moderate intensity. I basically want to burn about 300 calories in that 30-35 min and find workouts that give me the right intensity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Can I ask what body type you are? I've always wanted to try kettlebells but am afraid they will bulk me( yup typical pear here)
I'm an hour glass who doesn't have any problems adding muscle. If anyone was going to bulk it would be me. But, I've not bulked up at all! My butt seems like it's lifted a couple inches. Yes, I'm serious. My 60 yo mom even noticed and now wants to do kb's. So, for a minute I thought I bulked. But, really, I think the lifting just made things look different. Overall, I haven't bulked at all and am just visibly leaner/smaller. Also, I've noticed that my inner thighs are changing A LOT for the better. I don't know what move is making that happen as she doesn't specifically work inner thighs. But, mine are leaner and more concave? If that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
I know this isn't really a KBKX thread but I really like the Lean series and I have the Body Series --recommended by Christine--on the way!

Holli you enabler!
Good for you! I'm beginning to think this will be the only workout I'll need for a while. It's really surprising to see how the body changes with it. Plus, the calorie burn is more than I experienced while running. But, it's totally low/no impact. Why have I taken so long to discover kb's?!?!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 01:48 PM  
JENILU

holliholli915, you specifically said inner thighs (and definately butt), as an hourglass, did you also see any leaning on the outer thigh area? I am built kind of like an hourglass,but my proportions are a little more pear if you can be both, and just wondering if this would make it a litle more proportional. Sorry if I am trying to make you an expert, just curious at your thoughts.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 02:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I can't remember which workouts she has them in, but she does what she calls something like "cat squats"? I may have that name wrong. One foot turns out and is up on its toe and the other leg does a one-legged squat. Writing this now it doesn't seem like that would work the inner thighs, but I think that's what does it! I'm always sore in my inner thighs after a workout with that move.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-16, 02:11 PM  
pcramer

She has that move in the Body Series I know for sure

Tags
good kettlebell form, kbkb, kettlebell, kettlebell kickboxing, yin yoga