poohpeggy

Last Christmas I was hacked from QVC.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 02:55 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=hacked

I think this is the link. Hope this works!

Welcome BeanPeanut!

Linda

Hi Linda, thank you for the welcome and the link.

Beanpeanut
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 03:00 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
Several months ago I received an email saying someone was trying to log into my account. I changed my password to a unique and more complicated one. Since then, no trouble.

Welcome Beanpeanut!

See and this is what was a worry for me, glad things are ok for you now. Thanks for the welcome.

Beanpeanut
Old 01-13-16, 03:08 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Howdy, Beanpeanut. Having been a victim of that massive hack of federal government employees' data in 2015, I am very aware of hacking and I can't blame you for being cautious.

I was not affected by the spambot here on VF that other people have mentioned, but I do not remain signed in to any online entities--forums, e-mail, Amazon, etc. I change passwords periodically as well.
Hi Betsy, I'm sorry to hear that you were affected by the Federal hack, I remember thinking how awful that must have been for all of you. I will make sure to not stay signed in and change my passwords more often. Thank you for sharing this with me.

Beanpeanut
Old 01-13-16, 03:12 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Welcome, beanpeanut

If it provides any comfort to you, as far as I know, no one has complained about this in the past couple of months. Even when accounts were being compromised last year, most people simply got a message from VideoFitness notifying them that several attempts to access their VF account had been made, but those attempts were unsuccessful. In other words, in most cases, people's accounts were not compromised. I got such a message and changed my password anyway just to be safe.

Within the thread that bolieikl linked to, this page includes WWWendy's explanation of what was most likely occurring.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...26#post2498326

Click on one of the tags at the bottom of that page (spam or spam pm) and you will get a listing of the threads started about this subject.
Good to know, thank you for the welcome.

Beanpeanut
Old 01-13-16, 03:15 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Hi beanpeanut,

Welcome to the forum. My initial response was prompted by it being your first post and seemingly to illicit a defensive response. If that was not your intention, then I'm sorry.

Yes, several months ago a bot was trying to get into member's accounts. Many, including myself, were sent an email about unsuccessful attempts being made to access our accounts. I didn't bother to change my password, as I felt it was secure enough and afterall, all attempts had been unsuccessful.

This sort of thing could have happened, and probably has happened, on any forum. Other forums may not notify you of these unsuccessful attempts.

Nothing came of it here and I haven't seen any recent posts about it.
Ok, thanks, Diane.

Beanpeanut
Old 01-13-16, 03:20 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Welcome! I hope you will continue to post

Sherry
Hi Sherry, thank you for the welcome. I hope to be able to post more, I'll try and keep it more positive next time, that's sweet of you.

Beanpeanut
Old 01-13-16, 03:26 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohpeggy View Post
Last Christmas I was hacked from QVC.
Hi Poohpeggy, Im sorry you had that happen to you, I hope it turned out ok. I'm sure glad you shared this because I have an account with them and after reading your post, I went and changed my password.

Beanpeanut