Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-19, 10:26 AM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Was Kait a former Barre3 instructor? She has the same intonation as Sadie and all the other Barre3 instructors.
Ah, yes I just googled and she was a Master Trainer - explains it all. I guess once you “find your instructor voice” during the Barre3 training it never leaves you. LOL!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-19, 10:29 AM  
sillygirl

STEP 3: NEW-INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
“The new-instructor training sessions are intensive, three-day learning experiences tailored to give new instructors a sense of why we do what we do,” says Dino. During the sessions, you’ll get tools to be the best instructor you can be based on your natural strengths. You’ll also learn techniques to help you find your most authentic voice as an instructor.

It always creeped me out how they all sound the same.
Old 10-27-19, 09:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wow! Just Wow! I cannot believe how much content is gone. It's really, really sad. I am cancelling my membership this morning. Honestly their workouts don't even seem like barre anymore.

Cancellation: When I cancelled, there was a screen to indicate why I was cancelling - with multiple choice responses. I selected "Other" expecting to be able to give some specific feedback on why I cancelled. No additional screen came up and I couldn't describe what my "Other" reason was. You would think they would care, but apparently not.

Carol

Last edited by txhsmom; 10-28-19 at 06:20 AM. Reason: to update post
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 07:59 PM  
ruthular

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Wow! Just Wow! I cannot believe how much content is gone. It's really, really sad. I am cancelling my membership this morning. Honestly their workouts don't even seem like barre anymore.

Carol
Exactly! I just cancelled and signed up for Pure Barre on demand. It seems really good. Lots of workouts, including the longer workouts, and they have an app so you can stream directly on AppleTV, Roku etc. I was having a lot of issues with barre3 dropping when I sent it to my AppleTV.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 06:14 AM  
lizr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
Exactly! I just cancelled and signed up for Pure Barre on demand. It seems really good. Lots of workouts, including the longer workouts, and they have an app so you can stream directly on AppleTV, Roku etc. I was having a lot of issues with barre3 dropping when I sent it to my AppleTV.
I had the same problem w/ my apple TV and was about to cancel a year ago when I finally found a workaroud: downloaded an app called momocast which let me cast it from my iphone to my chromecast. But I agree that they need an app- for $29 a month it should be easier.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:01 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Ooooh! Tell us what you think of PB! I want to try it, but they only have a 7 day trial. Do they have any live classes?

I agree that b3 is hardly barre anymore. It is kind of a nice change from standard barre, but I don't like giving up traditional barre altogether. I bit on the one month for $3 deal with Bar Method and I'm really enjoying doing the two methods together. They compliment each other well. I'm not subscribing to both, though, so TBM will have to go at the end of the month.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 11:53 AM  
ruthular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Ooooh! Tell us what you think of PB! I want to try it, but they only have a 7 day trial. Do they have any live classes?

I agree that b3 is hardly barre anymore. It is kind of a nice change from standard barre, but I don't like giving up traditional barre altogether. I bit on the one month for $3 deal with Bar Method and I'm really enjoying doing the two methods together. They compliment each other well. I'm not subscribing to both, though, so TBM will have to go at the end of the month.
Keep me posted on how that rotation works! For about three months I was doing barre3/BarMethod/CS -- 2 days of each per week. I felt really good, but it was too expensive. I made the change from my usual barre3 only because B3 has gotten so "light" that my thighs started to noticeably change.

So far I've only done 3 PureBarre workouts, but they are really nice. Not live classes though -- one instructor and 2 backups. The workout itself if more like P57. It is challenging, and I sweat, but it's not too much. And, they have a weekly collection of 5 workouts posted for each week. 3 30 minute and 2 45 minute workouts. I like how they all cover your whole body, regardless of the length of workout. I was starting to feel, with B3, that I would go a whole week and then think "wait! I haven't worked my core at all, really" or some other neglected body part.
Old 10-28-19, 05:00 PM  
sillygirl

I have to admit I’m really enjoying Kait Hurley’s method. I signed up for the free trial and she currently has 6 2-week programs to choose from (working out 3x/week). You can schedule your workouts, set up notifications, add the workouts to your calendar and there’s a journal section on her site. I’ve been wanting to add meditation to my routine and she has them built in at the end of her workouts. The fact that she was a Master Trainer at Barre3 means she’s very thorough in explaining the moves and what muscles you’re working. She still sounds a bit like Sadie but not as bad I as thought.

Anyone doing a free trial or subscribe to her site?
Old 10-28-19, 05:48 PM  
ruthular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I have to admit I’m really enjoying Kait Hurley’s method. I signed up for the free trial and she currently has 6 2-week programs to choose from (working out 3x/week). You can schedule your workouts, set up notifications, add the workouts to your calendar and there’s a journal section on her site. I’ve been wanting to add meditation to my routine and she has them built in at the end of her workouts. The fact that she was a Master Trainer at Barre3 means she’s very thorough in explaining the moves and what muscles you’re working. She still sounds a bit like Sadie but not as bad I as thought.

Anyone doing a free trial or subscribe to her site?
I’m doing her free trial too! I’m enjoying it. She’s lovely. I had entered a B3 results essay contest years ago, and Kait was really sweet. We kept up an email correspondence for a few years, and I took a live class with her at one point.
Old 10-28-19, 06:18 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
I’m doing her free trial too! I’m enjoying it. She’s lovely. I had entered a B3 results essay contest years ago, and Kait was really sweet. We kept up an email correspondence for a few years, and I took a live class with her at one point.
I love when you can take a class with an instructor you normally just see online. My friends and I took a barre class with Tenley, from The Bachelor, after she was on the show but still taught barre part-time. We were star-struck. LOL!

I find that I like Kait’s short 2-week programs since the gratification of finishing a program/challenge/rotation comes much sooner than say a month, 60-day, 45-day, 90-day challenge would.

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming