Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-19, 11:44 AM  
Marisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Adding some longer workouts pronto would go a long way to easing my disappointment at old ones disappearing.
I feel like this has been something that subscribers have been constantly and consistently asking for for years and yet- they never deliver on this. They always thank you for the feedback, promise more hour long workouts will be posted soon and then... nothing happens. They do regularly post lots of half hour workouts but for some reason they don’t like to post hour long ones with the same predictability. Which is kind of odd, considering every one of these instructors only teaches hour long format classes in the studios.
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 12:34 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
They are still there.
I didn't find any of Dino's workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:09 PM  
Marisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
The new layout is really confusing. I couldn't find them at first either. When I first logged in and saw the instructors photos on the bottom, I didn't see Dino there. But at the top right corner of the page when you click on "filter", a drop down menu appears with all of the instructors and the very last box says "guest instructors". If you click on that and then the red "filter" button, a bunch of workouts will pop up and there are some of the Dino workouts, along with some of Ronni's, Amy's, Shannon's etc.
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:14 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Psst, they haven’t taken down the workouts on their Vimeo page. I think there’s some Dino workouts on there.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:34 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post

I've been thinking about the changes to the core work (the whole stabilizing the core, then moving the limbs for resistance.) Ok, it's fine. But really, if moving the spine to work the core was SO TERRIBLE, I'd be in a wheelchair by now. I've worked my core the old way for DECADES. I just can't see why it's so terrible that you'd hollow out your own streaming site and rile up your subscribers. I think it's just a gimmick to try to set themselves apart from the competition. I mean, maybe it's a little better? But I can't see that the old way was that bad.
Yeah, I was wondering that myself the other day when I was doing the most recent workout with boat pose. I get that there is spinal research indicating some people will have problems with repeated flexion over time. The fitness community has been talking about that, even here at VF I think, long before barre3 online was on the scene, so it isn’t like that is NEW, but whatever. And most of their core work was supported by the ball, so it felt like there wasn’t as much stress on the back to begin with.

But, boat pose? So theoretically, you have a straight back, but it seems to me a lot of people are going to curve and compress the back with boat pose. It takes a lot of body awareness and correct feedback not to do that, and yet... it is still there, in every other workout.

So when a physical therapist on their team decides that posture is too dangerous to have in a home workout, then all those workouts will be gone, too? Or that the side to side lunges are too hard on knees, which they can be if you aren’t careful... or that some of us might fall over in warrior 3, so that has to go to.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 01:44 PM  
ruthular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
I feel like this has been something that subscribers have been constantly and consistently asking for for years and yet- they never deliver on this. They always thank you for the feedback, promise more hour long workouts will be posted soon and then... nothing happens. They do regularly post lots of half hour workouts but for some reason they don’t like to post hour long ones with the same predictability. Which is kind of odd, considering every one of these instructors only teaches hour long format classes in the studios.
When I emailed customer service about losing the long videos they told me that no one uses them. I suspect that the truth is that the studio owners hate them because then people will workout at home instead of going to classes—buying class packs on sale instead of doing the full membership, etc. I know I have.

As for deleting other workouts, I think the truth is probably the fact that many instructors have moved on to do their own thing and Sadie wants to disassociate. I get it, but especially for that brand, the dishonesty is a deal breaker. So disrespectful.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 09:05 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
When I emailed customer service about losing the long videos they told me that no one uses them. I suspect that the truth is that the studio owners hate them because then people will workout at home instead of going to classes—buying class packs on sale instead of doing the full membership, etc. I know I have.

As for deleting other workouts, I think the truth is probably the fact that many instructors have moved on to do their own thing and Sadie wants to disassociate. I get it, but especially for that brand, the dishonesty is a deal breaker. So disrespectful.
I definitely did the 60 minute videos! I cannot believe that no one did them. Maybe people don't do them as often, but I'm sure people have done them. I suspect you are right about them as a threat to actual studio classes.

I also think you may be right about disassociation. Physique 57 removed one of their first streaming videos that was led by an instructor who had left the fold. I always wondered if she had brought some kind of legal challenge, though I have no evidence for that, it was just interesting that she left and then the video was gone. Even that one workout removed led to questions from subscribers--and that was only one video. People notice when you take stuff down!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 11:57 AM  
ruthular

It’s funny — I can’t believe how involved I’ve gotten in this whole thing😀. Anyway, b3’s screwup led me to Kait Hurley’s site. Really nice workouts ( reminiscent of Tracy Anderson) with a mediations tacked on at the end. Maybe it’s time for something new😉
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 01:27 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
It’s funny — I can’t believe how involved I’ve gotten in this whole thing😀. Anyway, b3’s screwup led me to Kait Hurley’s site. Really nice workouts ( reminiscent of Tracy Anderson) with a mediations tacked on at the end. Maybe it’s time for something new😉
I just peeked at it too!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-19, 10:20 AM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Was Kait a former Barre3 instructor? She has the same intonation as Sadie and all the other Barre3 instructors.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming