Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-19, 09:05 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Ugh. They removed all of Dino's workouts. I know he recently left barre3 and is doing his own thing but his previous weekly workouts were my absolute favorites. There is so little content left that I can't see continuing my subscription after it's up next month. This is so disappointing!
Many of Andrew's longer workouts are also gone - he was a favorite of mine.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 10:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

That is too bad about Dino's workouts....I liked his.

I was considering upgrading if they had a Black Friday sale. Probably not now.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 10:57 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
That is too bad about Dino's workouts....I liked his.

They are still there.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 11:04 AM  
prettyinpink

There is actually still a lot of content there.

I appreciate that they pared down the ten minute workouts. They used to break up all the longer ones into ten minute segments so it looked like there were more unique workouts there than there actually were.

Adding some longer workouts pronto would go a long way to easing my disappointment at old ones disappearing.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 01:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Adding some longer workouts pronto would go a long way to easing my disappointment at old ones disappearing.
Yes, I agree. I think if they really feel they needed to take down so many workouts, they should have had a batch of new ones to release at the same time.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 02:39 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Great idea! Please report back what they say. I did their free trial back in the spring, but I had already committed to barre3. I really like BP, and they have live classes!

I really wasn't that attached to many of the deleted barre3 videos, but I think what has really hacked me about this situation is that it highlights how vulnerable we are as subscribers. We pay this money for access to these sites, but we have NO CONTROL over what is on the site. We subscribe in faith that the site will deliver what we want. Usually site owners are smart enough to know that drastically reducing content is bad for business and unfair to subscribers, but I guess barre3 hasn't figured that out yet. It makes me miss good old DVDs. As long as you have a functioning player, you can do that workout for the rest of your life. Harumph!
I heard back from Kristen Zurek. She said they are planning something for Black Friday that could involve discounts on annual and monthly rates, but does not have specifics yet. She recommended signing up for the Ballet Physique newsletter to receive that information as soon as it's made public.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 12:14 AM  
sillygirl

For those of you that still have the Barre3 app from years ago, there’s still 85 short workouts on there (almost all 10-minutes, a handful of 5-minute ones, and 1 30-minute workout). It’s sad that they decided not to continue updating it shortly after it was offered. It was a nice app too where you can choose music from your own library to play along with the workouts.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 08:48 AM  
ruthular

Such a disappointment

I generally just keep my head down and do my workouts. But this is too much! I feel robbed. At this point I've basically put one of Sadie's kids through college -- online member since the beginning, studio member, bought all of her DVDs, the book from Rodale, the core sliders, balls, bands etc. Total fan girl. But to remove so much content without warning is not cool. And the condescending tone is so hypocritical. You took them down, what, for my own good? Because I'm too stupid to know what workout I like? But then I'm supposed to listen to my body? My body is saying that the old workouts were better. The new ones don't have nearly enough core. I like to workout for an hour. Whatever! I bought the damn workouts and you stole them.

I've never been so disappointed in a brand in my entire life.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 09:21 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I generally just keep my head down and do my workouts. But this is too much! I feel robbed. At this point I've basically put one of Sadie's kids through college -- online member since the beginning, studio member, bought all of her DVDs, the book from Rodale, the core sliders, balls, bands etc. Total fan girl. But to remove so much content without warning is not cool. And the condescending tone is so hypocritical. You took them down, what, for my own good? Because I'm too stupid to know what workout I like? But then I'm supposed to listen to my body? My body is saying that the old workouts were better. The new ones don't have nearly enough core. I like to workout for an hour. Whatever! I bought the damn workouts and you stole them.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 10:57 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post

YES. Thank you, so much more succinct in your outrage than I was!

I've been thinking about the changes to the core work (the whole stabilizing the core, then moving the limbs for resistance.) Ok, it's fine. But really, if moving the spine to work the core was SO TERRIBLE, I'd be in a wheelchair by now. I've worked my core the old way for DECADES. I just can't see why it's so terrible that you'd hollow out your own streaming site and rile up your subscribers. I think it's just a gimmick to try to set themselves apart from the competition. I mean, maybe it's a little better? But I can't see that the old way was that bad.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming