Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-19, 05:38 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I, for one, will be bringing the "old-school" hi-lo back. In fact, I did it for my instructor audition. I'd rather grapevine, repeat my knees, hamstring curl, single-single-double lunge, or even heel jack than shake my booty.
Go Garrie! I wish I could take your class.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 08:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
At the community center I'll be teaching at, there are no pre-choreographed formats! In fact, the fitness director doesn't like them because they don't allow for creativity.

I, for one, will be bringing the "old-school" hi-lo back. In fact, I did it for my instructor audition. I'd rather grapevine, repeat my knees, hamstring curl, single-single-double lunge, or even heel jack than shake my booty.
That's great, Garrie. I was considering taking a Les Mills class at our local rec center but then heard it was a "pre fab" kind of deal and that didn't sound interesting to me. You aren't in my part of Virginia, are you? Your class sounds like it would be right up my alley!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 08:26 PM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
That's great, Garrie. I was considering taking a Les Mills class at our local rec center but then heard it was a "pre fab" kind of deal and that didn't sound interesting to me. You aren't in my part of Virginia, are you? Your class sounds like it would be right up my alley!!
I'm in the southwestern area.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 08:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm in the southwestern area.
Darn! I was crossing my fingers that you were closer! Good luck with your venture!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 12:52 PM  
lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
I agree. It really depends on the instructor. I love Zumba and have been going for the past 5 years. I also go to LA Fitness and they have some really good instructors. I don't mind not having verbal cuing. If you go long enough you catch on to the choreography. And the music is great. It's when the subs come in.....they can really be off beat to the music. Other than that, it's one of my favorite forms of cardio. And as long as I've been going, I've never had an instructor try to sell me merchandise.
True, nobody tried to sell me anything either. So glad to see another LA fitness Zumba fan here!
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 02:34 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by seww View Post
I know nothing about Zumba and have never done a Zumba workout. I think whatever gets a person moving and having fun is a great thing!
I totally agree.
Old 04-05-19, 04:22 PM  
cpcathy

Also agree. I don't do live classes of anything but I have some of the video sets and enjoy them very much, and don't have an issue with the cueing. The best workout is one you will do.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 01:22 PM  
leigh1673

I think, like most things in life, it's not really fair to paint things with a broad stroke.

I take a Zumba class at my local community center a few times a week, and my instructor is great at cue-ing and instructing. And she's NEVER tried to sell us anything.

I love it -- it's so fun and I get a great workout while having a blast.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua zumba, zumba