Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-14, 06:34 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W View Post
I just answered your questions and even though I was logged it, I was logged out and then just lost the answer.
sigh

Stevie
Oh no! I really want to hear what you have to say about this so can you post again or PM me? Thanks.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Stevie - can you post again? I'm sorry to ask, I know you're busy, but I'm curious too. I have curly hair that I wear natural (too lazy to really deal w/ blow drying), but I'm curious about Keratin treatments and how they work for people w/ really curly hair!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 07:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I would also like to hear about the keratin treatments in more detail, if possible.

Also, I have been reading a lot of about Living Proof, the hair care line that Jennifer Aniston is a part of. It sounds amazing (though pricey). Anyone try it or have any thoughts on it? Or on another line that may have similar results but is cheaper???
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 11:41 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Interesting article about Neurium AD. Save your money.
Did you have the opportunity to watch all those videos? I found that some of the before and after photos were improvements in 90 days!

Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 12:08 PM  
zoegirl

Quote:
Did you have the opportunity to watch all those videos? I found that some of the before and after photos were improvements in 90 days!

Stevie
As with any product (or even exercise regime), there will be those for and against, those that have great results and those that do not. And we all know that you can find just about anything on the internet to support, well, just about anything. I personally, as well as at least a couple of friends, have had impressive results with Nerium and will continue to use it and recommend it. And no, I don't sell it.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 12:11 PM  
zoegirl

Quote:

Stevie

As with any product (or even exercise regime), there will be those for and against, those that have great results and those that do not. And we all know that you can find just about anything on the internet to support, well, just about anything. I personally, as well as at least a couple of friends, have had impressive results with Nerium and will continue to use it and recommend it. And no, I don't sell it.

Edited to add: I thought by choosing "quote", my post would include Videofit's original comment shown in Stevie's post. That, and the link in her comment, is mainly what I was commenting on.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 01:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Please someone comment on the keratin treatments. I may resort to posting an OT thread on GD.
Inquiring minds want to know.

The timing for next Friday is not bad since I won't have to go to work the following Monday due to Memorial Day. I was not looking forward to being seen in public with hair that hasn't been washed in days.
Still, I am concerned that it will make my hair too "flat."
Old 05-16-14, 02:53 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Please someone comment on the keratin treatments. I may resort to posting an OT thread on GD.
Inquiring minds want to know.

The timing for next Friday is not bad since I won't have to go to work the following Monday due to Memorial Day. I was not looking forward to being seen in public with hair that hasn't been washed in days.
Still, I am concerned that it will make my hair too "flat."
I had a friend who did it...she had curly hair. It looked great at first...very sleek. But when her hair started to grow out, the top part would be curly and the keratin'ed part was still sleek/straight (think about how fast your hair grows and how much of your hair will be untreated in 3 months...you can only do it so often). Honestly, it looked weird and made me decide not to do it myself. Since then, I found Wen and don't need keratin any more. Wen doesn't make my hair straight, but it's shiny and not frizzy anymore, which is what I wanted most from the Keratin treatment.

Oh, I forgot to add that I had another friend who did it and I never would have known if she hadn't told me. She didn't have the weird difference at the top of her hair...maybe her hair wasn't as curly or maybe she spent a lot more time flattening that part out as it started to grow...never asked her. She loved what it did for her hair and said it would be a frizzy mess if she didn't get the treatment.

Good luck whatever you decide. I hope somebody who's actually had it done will chime in with some first hand info!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 05:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I had a friend who did it...she had curly hair. It looked great at first...very sleek. But when her hair started to grow out, the top part would be curly and the keratin'ed part was still sleek/straight (think about how fast your hair grows and how much of your hair will be untreated in 3 months...you can only do it so often). Honestly, it looked weird and made me decide not to do it myself.
Hmm. I didn't think about that but it makes sense. My hair is not curly it's wavy so maybe that won't affect me as much. Still the growth issue makes me think that this is too expensive for a short-lived temporary fix.
Thanks! I still would like to hear from others though.

Leslie
Old 05-16-14, 05:58 PM  
bigpeeky

i had brazilian blow out 2 times - awesome results but it mademy eyes tear big time when she put the product on
bigpeeky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx