Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-14, 09:43 AM  
antbuko

Can anyone recommend a good drug store brand serum for daytime wear?
Old 05-07-14, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Helen - I like Olay's Regenerist Serum - I'm not sure what you mean by good for day time wear b/c I don't think Serums have sunscreen, so you would need to wear it under sunscreen. But, I do like the Olay product to wear under my sunscreen or foundation w/ sunscreen.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 10:19 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Can anyone recommend a good drug store brand serum for daytime wear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Helen - I like Olay's Regenerist Serum - I'm not sure what you mean by good for day time wear b/c I don't think Serums have sunscreen, so you would need to wear it under sunscreen. But, I do like the Olay product to wear under my sunscreen or foundation w/ sunscreen.

Donna
I really like the Olay Regenerist Serum, too. I used the fragrance-free one with SPF in it for years, and loved how it felt on my skin and under my makeup.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 12:59 PM  
antbuko

Thank you, both! Donna, what I meant was a serum that wasn't specifically targeted for night time use.
Old 05-15-14, 01:28 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I use the It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Treatment as a detangler and I really like it. It does a great job detangling my hair after the shower and doesn't weigh down my fine, thinish hair. It also smells nice and doesn't interfere with other scented products I might use.
I have tried this too and really liked it.. I think I must have either gotten it at rite aid or someplace where it was not marked correctly.. that said when I went to replace it-- it was $25 for a bottle... which I thought was a bit pricey
Haven't bought it since. I should probably try it again
here are things I have been trying of late
NeuriumAD. (review on my blog) but this has something that makes a lot of people look better. However the Before/After photos don't indicate the date of the photos or how long it took for lines, discoloration and sagging to resolve.
Argan 7 Shampoo and deep moisturizer/conditioner. LOVE! This is a great couple of products. No lather, it is an amazing shampoo. The conditioner needs to be used lightly unless you have thicker coarser hair-- otherwise you have to lightly shampoo it out (don't ask!)
Skin Biology has a slew of new products and cool things to try out. (that's what I have been doing!) .
Using different kinds of oils.
There is a line of beauty products I have run into that is created by a cancer survivor and the face lotion was all natural $38 for a large bottle. downside- the bottle is made of glass and if you drop it (I did!) it shatters into a million pieces. have to hunt down amazon for the name of it. It's very unusual name.
Loving esalon for DIY haircolor. Makes life simple.. and it will work to match my hair!

What are YOU loving these days?

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 02:28 PM  
zoegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W View Post
I
here are things I have been trying of late
NeuriumAD. (review on my blog) but this has something that makes a lot of people look better. However the Before/After photos don't indicate the date of the photos or how long it took for lines, discoloration and sagging to resolve.
I would love to read your review but I can't find it! What is the date on it or how else can I search for it?

Personally, I saw noticeable results from Nerium AD in about 3 weeks, mainly in my neck tightening up, but also some fading of age spots. I've been using it for 3 months now. At first, I had some redness and itching on my neck but stuck with it and am so glad I did! No adverse reactions on my face. Didn't really have wrinkles, other than crows feet, to start with but am very pleased and will continue to use.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 02:57 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I would love to read your review but I can't find it! What is the date on it or how else can I search for it?

Personally, I saw noticeable results from Nerium AD in about 3 weeks, mainly in my neck tightening up, but also some fading of age spots. I've been using it for 3 months now. At first, I had some redness and itching on my neck but stuck with it and am so glad I did! No adverse reactions on my face. Didn't really have wrinkles, other than crows feet, to start with but am very pleased and will continue to use.
thanks.. it's going to be live tomorrow. (forgot to include that)
It's an interesting product.. and now they have a body contouring cream too.

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Old 05-15-14, 05:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Keratin Hair Treatment

I made an appointment to have a keratin treatment next week. It is supposed to straighten your hair. My hair is on the wavy side and I try to style it straight but sometimes it is difficult getting and keeping it straight.

Anyway I thought I would have the treatment done for the summer. It is very expensive-$100/hour and the salon said it would take 3-3.5 hours. You also have to use a special, expensive shampoo until the treatment wears off which they said is about 3 months. The part that is really worrying me is that you cannot wash your hair, sweat, use clips/bands/ties, etc. for 3 whole days after the treatment. You can't even tuck your hair behind your ear (something I do frequently without thinking.) I am also wondering if sleeping on it the first few days will mess it up. You all will probably appreciate this concern: I am dreading not exercising for 3 days!

So has anyone had this done? What were the results-did your hair get too flat? How long did the effects last? Was it worth the money?
I really don't want to cancel at the last minute so I have to make up my mind soon.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 09:23 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I made an appointment to have a keratin treatment next week. It is supposed to straighten your hair. My hair is on the wavy side and I try to style it straight but sometimes it is difficult getting and keeping it straight.

Anyway I thought I would have the treatment done for the summer. It is very expensive-$100/hour and the salon said it would take 3-3.5 hours. You also have to use a special, expensive shampoo until the treatment wears off which they said is about 3 months. The part that is really worrying me is that you cannot wash your hair, sweat, use clips/bands/ties, etc. for 3 whole days after the treatment. You can't even tuck your hair behind your ear (something I do frequently without thinking.) I am also wondering if sleeping on it the first few days will mess it up. You all will probably appreciate this concern: I am dreading not exercising for 3 days!

So has anyone had this done? What were the results-did your hair get too flat? How long did the effects last? Was it worth the money?
I really don't want to cancel at the last minute so I have to make up my mind soon.

Leslie
I just answered your questions and even though I was logged it, I was logged out and then just lost the answer.
sigh

Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Old 05-15-14, 11:26 PM  
videofit

Interesting article about Neurium AD. Save your money.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx