Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-13, 12:35 PM  
EnglishIvy

I get the best results by far with heavy splits but there just aren't many good updated programs available. I don't want the high rep stuff or cardio mixed in either and that's mostly what is out there currently (unless you are in to paper workouts). I've tried to like KCM but I just don't. I don't care for her choice of moves and she tends to move faster so I just can't lift as heavy with her as I do with Cathe etc. I would love a time efficient splits program and don't know why instructors don't see a niche for that with regards to heavy lifting. I actually had hoped XTrain would fill the bill but no such luck. I've been using Cathe's Pure Strength and modifying to shorter workouts. I still get good results with that because there is time to lift heavy. It could use some updating to weave more core workout into the mix but for me it works better than the other options that have been listed. I'll probably re-visit Slow &Heavy and do the same thing.I really wish Cathe (or anybody with less "showmanship" than Chalean) would film a 30 minute splits program. STS time crunch would be great, with less equipment maybe.

FYI, the Kirsch program (7 day RX) is nice but it is definitely a lighter weight program.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx, met-rx, met-rx 180