Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-23, 10:22 AM  
sherry7899

Picky about you tube sets

I am generally not too picky about the workout sets used by you tube instructors. They are providing free workouts 😁. However, I can't seem to.do dance cardio workouts that are set in super cramped or small rooms. I actually feel claustrophobic watching them. Am I the only weird one? I know they won't run into walls or anything but the potential for that is there. It does not bother me as much for yoga or strength.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 10:40 AM  
jusca

Not a Youtube set but Mike Donavanik's last dvd series had a similar 3 wall setup that look like they were stuck in a small cube. It bothered me so much that I won 't do those workouts. It felt like they would hit the sidewalls.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 11:37 AM  
Mickey12

I agree, Sherry. If the participants look too crowded, it isn't appealing to me at all. I recall some step workouts where it felt like the step benches were much too close to each other and I was afraid people would kick each other.
Old 04-28-23, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i dislike Linda Wooldridge's super white walls. she uses them in both her youtube and DVD workouts. There is a setting she used in her early days in a small room - somehow i was OK with that setting even though it's cramped-looking. at least the saturation level is easier on the eyes.

have any of the youtube video channels started using "virtual" backgrounds, the way you can change your background in Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc? They should!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 04:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I detested the white set that Charlene Prickett used for some of her videos. It was disorienting.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 05:06 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I detested the white set that Charlene Prickett used for some of her videos. It was disorienting.

Carol
that was terrible! I sold one of those DVDs even though her workouts are hard to find.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 05:47 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i dislike Linda Wooldridge's super white walls. she uses them in both her youtube and DVD workouts. There is a setting she used in her early days in a small room - somehow i was OK with that setting even though it's cramped-looking. at least the saturation level is easier on the eyes.

have any of the youtube video channels started using "virtual" backgrounds, the way you can change your background in Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc? They should!
I dislike the super white walls, too. Sydney Cummings used to have an all white set when she started her channel, but now she has a few different backgrounds she uses.

And I did a workout that used a virtual background. It is Jasper McDermot's Cyberpump series. It looks like he is in a video game working out. BTW, his workouts are solid if you want a 30 min. weight workout.
Old 04-28-23, 06:21 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I dislike the super white walls, too. Sydney Cummings used to have an all white set when she started her channel, but now she has a few different backgrounds she uses.

And I did a workout that used a virtual background. It is Jasper McDermot's Cyberpump series. It looks like he is in a video game working out. BTW, his workouts are solid if you want a 30 min. weight workout.
Thanks for sharing! I checked it out and I love the look and the running time is a perk too!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-23, 06:37 PM  
Gams

Leslie Sansone has a couple workouts where everyone seems to be standing on top of each other and I don’t get it because most of her workouts aren’t like that. Also, she has that one workout where the “background” exercisers are in front of Leslie with their backs to the camera and Leslie is on a platform. They don’t show wide shots of the group and they are bunched together. I like the workout fine, but not sure what the idea behind this set up was.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-23, 12:44 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Carol
It’s funny how everyone is so different. Those white backgrounds don’t bother me at all! I know a lot of people don’t like them.

Tags
background sets, settings, workout background sets, workout sets, workout settings