Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-20, 12:20 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Any new members here?

I was wondering if we have new members here, since so many people are turning to at home workouts.

If you’re new, please post and introduce yourself! We love to welcome new members!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:50 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I was wondering if we have new members here, since so many people are turning to at home workouts.

If you’re new, please post and introduce yourself! We love to welcome new members!
Maybe they're all busy for the holiday weekend?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:54 AM  
sherry7899

Are new members getting approved again?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 12:15 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
No.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 12:32 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
New names are consistently appearing on the front index page--if not every day, then at least every few days or so.

I don't have any deeper information, such as how many more potential members are stil waiting or how long people have been waiting (such as the longest wait, the "average" wait, or the wait times of the most recent new members).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 02:25 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
New names are consistently appearing on the front index page--if not every day, then at least every few days or so.

I don't have any deeper information, such as how many more potential members are stil waiting or how long people have been waiting (such as the longest wait, the "average" wait, or the wait times of the most recent new members).
I'm not sure those members are actually getting activated and staying activated (many of them appear to be spammers anyway based on the way their names are formatted, etc.).

If you sort the member list by date of activation, the last member join date appears to be in October 2019: http://forum.videofitness.com/memberlist.php

I am still happy to volunteer to activate new members and manually screen for spammers (I do so on another forum as a mod) but I also totally understand if Wendy doesn't want to take me up on the offer.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 03:02 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I'm not sure those members are actually getting activated and staying activated (many of them appear to be spammers anyway based on the way their names are formatted, etc.).

If you sort the member list by date of activation, the last member join date appears to be in October 2019: http://forum.videofitness.com/memberlist.php
Thanks: I hadn't looked at that member index in some time. (I've also had similar suspicions about some of the names on the front page.) I've looked at some profiles of the newest "additions," and these profiles call them "registered users" with recent "activity" dates.

The sorted member list shows an apparent a slowing of new members several years ago--95% of the members on the index seem to have appeared by 2011. The last month with multiple new members seems to have been January 2017. From that time until now, there have been just over 4000 ID numbers "used."

Quote:
I am still happy to volunteer to activate new members and manually screen for spammers (I do so on another forum as a mod) but I also totally understand if Wendy doesn't want to take me up on the offer.
I can understand too, although I can also see a judicious use of manual screening and the like from helpers.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 05:59 PM  
Leonana

On another note, I paid to be a supporter, but haven’t been notified of any changes to my account. I did post in the Support thread at the top of the page.
Old 05-25-20, 07:40 PM  
fitloon

I'm not new, was always more of a lurker. But have recently started posting some again due to coroanvirus stay-at-home orders. I had joined a local gym but am also rediscovering my love of at home workouts.
fitloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 11:16 AM  
Terry

. wrong thread
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions, new vfers